Some people I swear!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ProStreetCamaro, May 29, 2011.

1. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

This yard is directly across the street from my parents house (which is where we work out of). So this rentor knows what kind of work we do. He see's us every day coming and going and sharpening blades etc etc. So what does he do? He doesnt cut the grass and does not ask us to do it. Instead he waits untill the fence is just about vanished then ask if I can cut it. I said sure for $200 thinking he would not go for it. Low and behold he said ok so one day this week I am going to hack this down. People really are pretty stupid.

What would you have charged to just hack it down (no cleaning up the debris) just hack it down and trim around everything and done.

[​IMG]

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I don't know but considering I have never in 10 years gotten anyone to agree to a $200 mow which is more appropriate
    for grass heights up to your head I would have certainly thought twice about calling my own neighbor stupid.

3. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Its going to look like mowed hay. Are you planning on clean up afterwards?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. ProStreetCamaro

This guy is a fruitcake. He is a very strange character. Got a foot of snow and he had a shovel sitting on the porch and he never shoveled anything. Being we are friends with the guy that owns the house and he lives in florida he asked that we look after the place. So we ended up shoveling and plowing it and never even got a thanks from this weirdo that's renting it. The only reason he asked us to cut is because we told the owner it hasn't been cut this year and I am sure he got on the guys case about it.

5. ProStreetCamaro

Not really planning on cleaning it up to be honest and I told him its going to look terrible. I don't really think this guy gives a crap what the place looks like being its not his place.

6. yanks1

yanks1 LawnSite Member
    from vermont

Wow! Be careful, Who knows what lies beneath all that grass.

7. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

personally i'd turn the job down. especially this season with all the rain and weather we've been having.

i currently am not doing any one time jobs or bi weekly mowings.

i also never leave a place looking like crap so i'm sure i'd charge at least $200 for a job like that because when i got done with it, it would look like it had been mowed weekly since the beginning of the season.

i don't do knock down jobs for anyone.

8. JDiepstra

JDiepstra LawnSite Bronze Member

Ya know what if you can make money on it, do it. I can't tell you if its a fair price or not because I have no idea if the picture represents the whole property or not. One thing I will say is I would be cautious about the form of payment you receive. You could easily take a bad check from this guy.

9. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

That's a cash or credit card up front deal.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. ProStreetCamaro

What you see in the picture is pretty much the entire yard. It is pretty small. I didnt want to do it in the first place that is why I said $200. Figured if he went for it then it would be worth my time. If not then no sweat off my back. Plus it is directly across the street from my parents house where we keep all the equipment anyway. Im not to worried about a bad check. I can take 10 steps and be at his front door. :hammerhead: