Some people piss me off

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by The landscaper, Apr 19, 2006.

1. The landscaper

The landscaper LawnSite Senior Member

The dude has a million dollar house and we show up to mow today and he said no no no, only 3 times a month. what is that crap. His house looks like crap and they live like slobs. Then we go to the neighbors which we also do. She comes out and says no no no we don't need the service today.

Tighter than bark on a tree.
  2. gone_scaggin

gone_scaggin LawnSite Member

yah ive got the same kinda customers like that...they want same day service, or next day service, even though you have the equipment out today...they need to do it themselves if there gunna be that undecided!!!!
  3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

how often did you tell them you would mow? are you an on call service or how do you operate?? but i know what you mean...most are pita
  4. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

My every other week customers are just that, every two weeks, they never argue and pay on time. Now, I cannot stand when a customer tells me not to mow this week. Can you say dropped on the spot.
  5. The landscaper

The landscaper LawnSite Senior Member

I have mowed for them for 3 years. weekly.

The second one for 2 years now and shes just crazy cheap.

One of these days I will get a pic of this awesome house they let go to crap, they wont let me mulch it, trim bushes, anything.
  6. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

I have a yard like this also. the back yard is actually getting smaller and smaller every year due to the growth.
  7. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

Straighten them out as soon as you can.
  8. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Unfortunately I have learned you will lose them as customers if you don't, and to an Lco who then straightens it all out, for tons of cashola.

I know, I know, you don't have to tell me, I learned this from experience and I'm the first Lco they drop, so I still haven't quite figured this one out but am glad to see I'm not the only one with this problem.

But I'm the same way, I'm not twisting their arm to get them to spend it, so the yard gradually worsens and in time they hire someone else, evidently someone who, I dunno... Maybe they communicate on another level is best way I can think of it.

So is it a compatibility thing or what?
  9. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

hes probably just now realizing hes bought to big of a house to live in. and can't afford it..
  10. Badgerz

Badgerz LawnSite Member

The worst thing about the situation is you're the lawn care guy for these people. Isn't it possible that neighbors or common passers by may notice that the places look like crap and they may just remember that you're the lawn guy?

I think I'd have to drop them if I could afford to. I'm not letting my business be connected with a yard that looks like a waste.