Some People!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SouthSide Cutter, Aug 22, 2013.

1. JMK26

JMK26 LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Missouri

So you sold half the accounts to Turd1, and half to Turd2. Sold the equipment to Turd 3. TurdX wants all 12 accounts, the 6 he bought and the 6 TurdY bought.

OR

You sold 12 accounts to Turd1 and sold the equipment to Turd3 and Turd 1 and 2 above are with the same company and you lumped them together.

Either way a client isn't property and sale of a client's contract and the service it entails shouldn't be on the table until the client agrees to use the person you are selling to or agrees to use the person buying.

I wouldn't pay for 12 accounts until the 12 accounts agreed to use me.

2. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Somethin' fishy about this thread. 600-700 mowing accounts per week for two guys??
    OK. Perhaps the thread is a turd:)

3. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

Too much drama. Didnt you quit? Why would you worry about all this of you did? Dang its just cutting grass not a soap opera

4. JDGlandscape

JDGlandscape LawnSite Senior Member

it wasnt specified, but i assume he meant 600-700 a week gross. because 600-700 a week customers would be a lot more expensive to buy than 10k. around here it would be like 55k

5. herler

herler LawnSite Fanatic

Just remember if it's dog poop I insist it must be "hand" picked, as cheap imitations and bagged or scooped matter will not be accepted.
    Oh yes, I can tell.

6. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

At this point I've done moved on.

7. herler

herler LawnSite Fanatic

Well, there's more...

600-700 a week is still way north of what I would expect out of 12 accounts, that is, unless they were all top of the line and even then it's a lot of money so now they're all big acreage accounts too, the best of the best... Then again some Lco's simply take the best week and use those figures but that's hardly accurate, one should take the average annual spread over 5 or 10 years but who does that, how about the guy who doesn't call his string trimmers weedeaters.

That's on top of the turd1, 2 and 3 bit, however...
    Oddly enough, this story even with all its odds and ends, it's probably true.

8. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

I was making that much with only 10 accounts! The largest account being 2 acres.

I did two hedge trimming jobs and cut the lawns after I was done. It took over 3hrs. I grossed $325.

9. Caddyshack Lawn Care

Caddyshack Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I followed the story pretty easily because similar things happened to me several years ago. No one wants to work, and then they see what looks like easy money so they want some of that, but then find that it really is hard work and don't want any part of that.

10. SouthSide Cutter

SouthSide Cutter LawnSite Bronze Member

bingo!!!!!!!!