Some Photos...

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by njoutdoors, Aug 23, 2014.

1. njoutdoors

njoutdoors LawnSite Member
    from NNJ

Thank you. They don't like salt, you will see some damage if they get directly hit by it constantly. I have used them in partial shade areas, I have seen growth slow but they have not dropped many needles, again PARTIAL shade. I have never had a Norway fall over on me and even after Sandy only the largest of the Norways fell. 60' maybeee BUT unlike white pines guys seem to use a Norway won't thin out its foliage (unless in shade), it maintains a tighter shape, it tends to drop less needle (less acidic content into soil) and final as it grows you will never loose branches at the base of tree, so privacy will always be there.

here's another...these are 12-14' we used believe it or not.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. TML

TML LawnSite Senior Member

The purple salvia?? Like out front by mailbox in following pics????
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. oqueoque

oqueoque LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from NJ

I'll take a shot. What do I win if I am correct? Agastache (possibly Blue Fortune) and Coreopsis Verticillata. I would need to smell the leaves of the Agastache to be certain. Nice work. Do you use Deodaras as screens?

4. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

Looks good!

5. njoutdoors

from NNJ

I believe it was blue fortune and the coreopsis was zagrebÂ…hmm you win lawnsite points? hahah

I have used a few deodaras aka 'himalayan cedar' but only to mix them in, I find they get leggy as they mature. I prefer spruces and would NEVER touch hemlocks.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. njoutdoors

from NNJ

need to get good after shots of this one..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. njoutdoors

from NNJ

we planted this house last year, everything is new with exception of the maples, mulberry, spruce and river birch...basically we kept the larger trees that 'fit'

[​IMG]

8. njoutdoors

from NNJ

had a drainage issue on this part of the property, dug 3' down and we had to move the soil (high clay content) with wheelbarrows....I don't think anyone misses this one.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. njoutdoors

from NNJ

10. njoutdoors

from NNJ