Some pics from this week

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by menges21, Aug 29, 2008.

1. menges21

menges21 LawnSite Member

Pics of a small install job that we did at a new house and one yard that i cut today for a friend. Im not a lawn guy at the company i work from I run the landscape side of things. But we are fairly large we service 165 accounts a week this is our third year in the business.

DSC00854.jpg

DSC00855.jpg

DSC00856.jpg

DSC00853.jpg

DSC00858.jpg

2. menges21

menges21 LawnSite Member

Yes the mulch and the edging were perfect when I was done with the job took the pics two days later they must have walked in it and messed it up watering the plants.

3. menges21

menges21 LawnSite Member

Some more lawn pics

DSC00859.jpg

DSC00861.jpg

4. Marbleman

Marbleman LawnSite Member

I like your use of texture and color. I do recommend that you make your mulch bed curves more free flowing with longer sweeps, this will make mowing much easier and it will look more natural.

I think you planted the Chamaecyparis too close together, and you could have used more lirope in that area, but all and all nice job.

5. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Looks pretty good but dude whats up with those edges? Next time try making more natural sweeping curves vs. those abrupt ones. And clean up those edges, thats not from guys walking over it, its just not done very well, sorry but hope this might help at some point.

6. LawnMowerKing10

LawnMowerKing10 LawnSite Senior Member

how do you like the bobcat?

7. Riley Lawn Service

Riley Lawn Service LawnSite Member

nice stripes on that yard are you going to plant grass at the home from your first pics?

8. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I like it, very nice work

9. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Very nice work

10. menges21

menges21 LawnSite Member

Thanks, this was my third design ever my boss gave me the reins on this job and was very impressed i did the design and the installation on my own. Its nice to finally be able to show what I can do. We are not going to sod the yard the homeowner is doing it himself, trying to save some money i guess, but he wants me now to design the rest of his house for him which if you can see from the pictures is a million dollar log home. And as for the mower i really like it, this is my first ztr ive used before that I use a great dane surfer and wb's. It has the 23hp kawasaki and is very smooth cutting no bogging or nothing