1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Some pics of a new job...

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by mrusk, Apr 4, 2014.

1. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

Nice work as usual. Did you guys hit any frost when digging or is it all out of the ground now?

2. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

We started working 2 weeks ago and there was no frost. This job site is in central jersey so that does make a difference.

We joint the wet laid bluestone with mortar. For bluestone we typically use a beige dyed mortar.

We excavated part of the rear patio down to the basement footings, which was about 9' down. I put 120 tons of stone into the whole so far and need another 120 to finish I think. We are going to form up the footings on monday.

The guys started setting the karney steps that lead up to the clubhouse and the tennis court today. We cut the wall on a angle where it meets the steps. The wall is about 2.5 wide at the bottom. Where the stairs are we narrowed the top to 10" so we can cap it with a 12" cap. The wall is built off a concrete footing poured to the frost line.

IMG_0310.jpg

3. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

You set those bad boys with the ex? Or manpower? I swore never to do those again unless i can set them with a machine

4. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

I know!

I always notice when people only pop in to post their work pics, but never wanna participate in discussions or compliment work of others.

LOL - then we have someone else who when he does pop in always starts off with "I don't usually come into this forum".....as if it's beneath him to do so :drinkup:

5. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

Ive got to say though......job site looks like a mess!

6. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

Can we expect some work pics from The One They Call Devious this year?

Job sites are like trucks, dirty truck means its working

7. DVS Hardscaper

maybe yes. maybe no. I contribute more in terms of business expertise and field experience than anyone here, so guess you'll have to stay tuned :)

8. SRT8

SRT8 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CA

Dvs, i swear you and RJ act like brothers lol.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. DVS Hardscaper

At Lawnsite,com everyone is family
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. latux87

latux87 LawnSite Member

Almost everyone.....lol :drinkup: