Some pics of a new job...

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by mrusk, Apr 4, 2014.

1. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

We clean end of every week. When you are working you have a little more leeway vs working at a house wear people are living at and need driveway access etc. I'll be sure you post some pics of a clean job site saturday after noon!

Pile of scraps? We loaded all the scraps from the lower wall and dumped them with the excavator for the upper wall.

2. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

Simple and effective way of getting tools off the ground is to set up a table or two. It works.

3. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

cleaning and tidying up should be done daily. I'd be embarrassed to post pictures of our job progress if the scene looked like that.

You mention people living there. that's even more reason, dude. Think about it - would you wanna live there and look out the window / French door at the progress and there be pile of pallets hap-hazardly strewn about the property?

When we leave each day, I make sure that our client won't have to look out at sloppy lazy house keeping.

It takes a whole couple minutes to neatly stack the pallets as you build the pallet stack.

I'm shocked. Unbelievable.

That's pitiful.

4. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

Dvs, slow down and read. He said it would be different if ppl lived there, its new construction on a vacant house.

5. DVS Hardscaper

either way, its very very unprofessional and very lazy.

If you're building a new home and excited about the home, do you want to make your daily trip and come there to THAT?

And this is social media times we live in.

Think about the Mrs, she takes her smart phone with her shooting pictures at everything and everybody and posts them on her Facebook. "Hey friends and family, check out the progress of our 8,000 SF home. Oh, but don't mind the garbage strewn all about". (or if it's guys that are building the home - they're even worst with the pictures and social media)

No matter what you say, there is no excuse for that. And I pick up on excuses in split seconds.

Well. I guess, after all......Rusk-a-Roni is in New Jersey..........

6. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

Man I gotta agree with Mr D this time. In a situation as this, I would hire a young kid to be on clean up duty. It would actually save money in the end. Imagine how much time is wasted with employees looking for tools, and not to mention the hazard of all that garbage. It truly does lack the professional look. Again, not the product but the workplace. Unfortunate, cause this kid can build a showpiece as good as anyone or better.

7. A&Jlandscapingllc

A&Jlandscapingllc LawnSite Member

Very nice work

8. woodwardschris

woodwardschris LawnSite Member

Matt:

Looks great. It looks to me like the pallets are covering a tarp to keep sand dry.

Is your customer happy? Have you communicated with them and addressed any concerns on the site?

If they are happy, and you are happy, then you have achieved success.

Your work speaks for itself.

9. DVS Hardscaper

If the customer wasn't happy, they would have thrown him off the job.

Next!
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. scagrider22

scagrider22 LawnSite Bronze Member

Posted via Mobile Device