1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Some Pics of Amazing Work

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by MJK, Dec 7, 2007.

1. MJK

MJK LawnSite Senior Member

2. E LAND  Inc.

E LAND Inc. LawnSite Member

Im with you MJK, havent done a job like that, but the bluestone pavement on the
    other hand. Im gettn pretty good with. Bluestone here in IL. is like gold, but i hear
    out on the east coast, where it comes from (NY, PN) it garbage. Sorry to get off
    on a tangent. Agree though, sweet job!
  3. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

i dont think it looks amazing at all. not to be a downer but i dont. looks like ****
  4. ChampionLS

ChampionLS LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't believe everything you see in pictures. While most of the photos are real, there are a great deal of edited photos out there. My favorite is the Timber Tech deck shot down the side of a cliff, overlooking the ocean.
  5. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

i know what pic you are talking about, wow that didnt even cross my mind that it was fake!!! that pic always would amaze me
  6. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

I'd post my work but my camera battery is dead........sorry. :)
  7. PaperCutter

PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

at least that versa-loc photo has a handrail on those steps... I think the installers for some of the jobs in the Techo-Bloc catalog want to end up with dead homeowners.
  8. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Just because there is a set of steps does not mean that the township will require a railing. Where i work, if you have more then 3 stairs off a door from the house you need a railing.

Lets say you have a patio with 2 exits. One is level with the surrounding ground and the other is 10 steps to the surrounding ground. You would not need a railing for those 10 steps since there is alternative exit without stairs.
  9. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Personally, I think the joints look horrible on the patio.

And how many more of these do you think there are.

10. neversatisfiedj

neversatisfiedj LawnSite Bronze Member

I wonder how they attach that railing to the caps ? Doesn't seem safe just to screw it down.