Some pics of one of my lawns.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by 2_Djinn, Aug 7, 2005.

1. 2_Djinn

2_Djinn LawnSite Member

Happend to have my digi-cam with me so I decided to snap a few pics. The more I look at the pics the less happy I am with them. But then again thats just my nature. Any feedback is welcomed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

I think they look pretty good. I assume you have a single wheel sulky......That is my only dislike.........the extra middle track.

Derek

3. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

I also think they look fine,might want to use less contrast seems to high in the 1st 2 pics.

4. 2_Djinn

2_Djinn LawnSite Member

I use a toro rider(Im not sure on the model) Its a Walker copy pretty much. 48" deck ect. I used to mulch that property but have started to remove clippings for a cleaner look. Plus it saves me time just to remove them right off the bat rather than haveing to cut twice and spending time blowing out clumps.

No sulkys here! ...lol

5. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

My father-in-law has that model of Toro......

6. bretben55

bretben55 LawnSite Member

The yard looks great, however, I agree with the other post, that the sulky marks, ruin the stripe.

7. TWUllc

TWUllc LawnSite Senior Member

Very nice work.

8. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I first was going to say that those were walker strips, but the center mark is to narrow. So I figured it was a grasshopper or the toro strips. looks good.

9. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Don't forget about the 3 wheeler out front mowers like Scag STHM, Yazoo, Bunton and Ferris, Gravely, etc. Thats what I initially thought it may have been... the cut and stripes look very similar to what my Scag STHM did (61") that was a fun mower wish I still had it but wouldn't trade my Lazer for it :cool2:

Personally I kinda like 3 wheel stripes, I think it breaks things up... I get tired of seeing 2 wheel stripes all the time. On certain yards 3 wheel doesn't look good but I think it can look neat. Somewhere I have a picture of 3 wheeler Scag stripes from mine where i had the stripes criss crossed at 45 degree angles and on a slope and it looked pretty neat. I will try to find the pic sometime... i think its on a disc at home.

10. lawnrangeralaska

lawnrangeralaska LawnSite Senior Member

2_djin you should buy the twin walker rear wheel set up for your toro. your machine will handle much nicer then a single wheel. i had both single and dual on my walker and the dual is much faster handling and turning, plus i think it doesnt tear up the lawns as much by allowing the rear to turn easier.