Some pics of our current job.

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by NateV, Aug 6, 2008.

1. NateV

NateV LawnSite Senior Member

Well we just started ripping ou the sidewalks at a dicks sporting goods near us. Theres just over 500' to rip out. I hate doing jobs in busy places like this bucause people have no comon sense about anything and one lady tried walking between our truck and machine as we were digging. The curb on this sidewalk is overkill. Take a look for yourself.

Picture 075.jpg

Picture 076.jpg

Picture 079.jpg

Picture 080.jpg

2. NateV

Oh and at the one place we were dumping the guy told us he didnt want those big pieces even tho he's only dumping over a hill and filling a big valley in. so now were looking for another place.

Picture 084.jpg

Picture 088.jpg

3. JosephLawnCare

JosephLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

those pieces are huge!

4. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

curbs are always 18" (when poured with a slip form machine)...most shopping centers because of the amount of curbing use those machines...usually as you know the curb is 6-8" above grade then the rest is under

we had a small job ripping up curb a few weeks ago that the recycle place didnt want to take because it was too big..real pain...you guys only hauling with that little F800 it looks like?

5. NateV

Yep were only using the F800, it may take a little longer but im getting a lot of driving experence.

Picture 082.jpg

6. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

damn! those pieces are huge!

7. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

Nate, how did you figure that job? By the square foot price or just figure time?

8. minimax

minimax LawnSite Senior Member

Don't let one of those pieces slide out of the truck and into the cab:nono:.I like a thumb for that kind of work.

minimax

9. NateV

We are just doing the demo work, and we just do it by time.

minimax, its hard to see but the bucket we are using is designed for concret work. Its called the Slab crab by Kenco. It wedges the piece into the bucket so it shouldnt come out. The bucket is better than the way my dad used to do it for years by just floping the piece up on to the bucket and hoping it would stay as you went to the truck with it.

10. coopers

coopers LawnSite Bronze Member

That's an interesting bucket, you have faith in it, I wouldn't.... ;) Thumb for me. What size machine is that? Very nice looking.