1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Some recent nightmares in pics

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Midlo Snow Maker, Aug 25, 2007.

1. Midlo Snow Maker

Midlo Snow Maker LawnSite Member

have not been around much this heat and drought has been unreal, but we finally got a break with one of the worst storms ever here. 38,500 lightning strikes in a 9 hour straight freak thunderstorm that dumped 6" of rain. controller replacements just picked up:weightlifter:

picked up a hotel and it started with the great installed upside down sensor

geting ready to add the backyard and they are redoing the area these valves are in. not looking forward to this BS.

working on 2 miles of roadway for the city, love them trying to not use the RPZ to help on pressure loss
    yes that thing is 8' tall
    The reason i was there 1 mile did not work, after trouble shooting i found the 521 signal died in the intersection they directionally bored right throught the sleeve under the road:dizzy:

had to change out a sterling 36 staion controller with 2 side kick harness's in there what a FOOKING mess

small example of what alot of trees look like after the thunderstorm

2. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

It's working in the drought... isn't it??? :laugh:

What a fuster cluck! :dizzy:

And the city accepted that unsightly thing? :cry:

Make 'em pay through the teeth and have a new directional bore made for new wiring. payup

Looks like a lot of what I come into contact with on our large systems. Takes much more patience and skill working with that much wiring instead of "dinky pipe" systems. :help:

Are the wire markers yours or were they already in? They sure save the day when toning/testing wiring. I don't rely on contractors' numberings because I often find it to be incorrect. And then you get other contractors that trench through wiring and just connect it back together without regard as to which zone it's going to.

Any idea how the Sterlings compare in price to the Irritrol MC-Plus-B? They're basically the same controller.

Is that wind or lightening damage?
  3. alf51175

alf51175 LawnSite Member

That's lightning damage. Are all those valve boxes for individual valves for zones? I put that on the same lines as that mess of wires.
  4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

A little taller, and it could be a barometric loop
  5. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

wow what a rats nest
  6. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Finally flips and is taken away by the nice men in white coats.:dizzy:
  7. Midlo Snow Maker

here is one from last year

8. Midlo Snow Maker

here is a link. picture this for 8 hours straight over and over turn up the sound
  9. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Try this little dear next time a "cluster folk" occurs, it's called the TI-WS6
    Wire Sorter..works for me. Enter "wire sorter".www.rainbird.com