Some recent pics from 06

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by leaflandscape, Jan 17, 2007.

1. leaflandscape

leaflandscape LawnSite Member

here are a couple of our more recent pics

august05 007.jpg

S5000017.jpg

S5000099.jpg

S5000111.jpg

S5000110.jpg

2. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a grill like that also. Im going to be building a new home for my self this year and will have a raised patio and looking for ideas. Especially for the grill and a bar. Looks nice.
    Mike

3. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Mike i bet if you commit to a bbq with lots of food and booze you could get some lawnsite members to come down and build that patio for you since you don't do flat work!:drinkup: :drinkup:

4. leaflandscape

I like booze and flatwork, count me in!

5. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

I have seen the vertical "separated" wall before but how is that constructed? How do you attach the vertical pieces on both ends as well as the caps? Are you just using glue?

6. leaflandscape

In this case there's a layer of wall buried on both levels, and all the pieces are glued.

7. kkls2006

kkls2006 LawnSite Member

I guess my PM was a little Late....But the work looks great!!!

8. neversatisfiedj

neversatisfiedj LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you suggest people NOT sit up there ? I would go a step furthur and run rebar up in the vertical pieces.

9. leaflandscape

We just use masonry adhesive and ensure all cap pieces are either straddling two uprights or directly above one. We haven't had any problems in 5 years doing this, and rebar would be ridiculously labour intensive.

10. excalibur

excalibur LawnSite Member

I'm not a hardscaper, but I have done some work at my own home for my own use. I watch this forum to see how the pros do it and make my own personal work better. A lot of your stuff looks nice, but I had a couple of questions - on the second picture, why the sliver cut, offset from center, on the cap? And the joints look a little rough right in front of the dalmation - is this an optical illusion or was this construction necessary for????

Just asking as I am trying to learn.