Some Recent work Pics!

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by hoskm01, Jan 30, 2008.

1. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

All MP's, plus 2 zones of drip. Tiny yard, scary in fact. 1 day, me and my "helper" who ripped himself a new one while in the trenches. Creativity with PVC has reached a new high! You hippies ever try that!

Main was already stubbed into backyard by developer in class 3/4". (BOO).
    Simple and quick manifold, carried drip from front zone for plants, new one is for trees. No point in leaving room for expansion, where are you going to go in that yard?

Managed to get my boots in the pic; you're welcome.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Shallow valve boxes - boo hiss ~ Nice fashion statement by the helper ~ The mattock is ever so useful to have ~ PVC can't come close to the clarion notes you can sound on a length of 3/4 poly.

3. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

Do you have full circles in the second pic spraying up next to the house? BOO x2. Always have heads along foundation spraying AWAY from house. Or is there drip in those beds and the heads are half circles? Also, multistrand wire is cheap-o. Use 14ga uf wire certified for underground burial. other than that, and the ugly manifolds, looks nice and clean:)

4. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

Also, lay your wire in before you put in the mainline. That way when someone has to go dig in a trench they will hit the top of a pipe before they put a sharpshooter through all of the wires.

5. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Why go deeper here?

Right on. "Planting Beds" dont get irrigated here with heads, typically. There is drip in the bed (not yet in pic) Multi-strand is direct burial rated.

Wire is down first, always. Its just pulled back out of the picture.

6. paolaken

paolaken LawnSite Senior Member

at least someone is doing irrigation work. all froze up here.

7. Wet_Boots

What model of valve box is it? Straight sides mean "extension with a lid" boxes to me, but a second look at it has me thinking it must be deeper than the six-inch lazy-boxes I see a lot of.

8. great pics. Tell your assistant I'm looking to hire somebody just like him. He'll fit in great with us.

9. Wet_Boots

At least you won't have to splurge on work uniforms.

10. Hank Reardon

Hank Reardon LawnSite Senior Member

Didn't Mike talk you into using manifold tee's and Weathermatic valves?

Looking at the soil, I had a Nevada flashback. <shudders>