Some shop pics, hopefully

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Flow Control, Jun 24, 2006.

1. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

Here some pics of the warehouse space, we also have some office and space for trucks, equipment, etc.

Air Compressor 020.jpg

Air Compressor 022.jpg

Air Compressor 021.jpg

Air Compressor 023.jpg

2. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Very nice, makes our shop seem tiny (53x12 conex box :laugh: )

3. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

Are you a distributor?

4. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Seems too small to be a distributor, even us (a small company) will burn through 4-5 box of PGP's every few weeks.

We usually stock about the same amount of valve boxes as he has too.

5. Flow Control

We are a small operation. I just choose to buy in bulk from a broker to save money. The savings just about pay for the shop. The pics are deceiving there are only two rows of shelves. I just took pics from both sides of each row. As per amount of rotors there are over 1500 in stock on those shelves or 75 boxes.

6. Green Sweep

Green Sweep LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Pittsburgh, PA

That's very nice.. I'm jealous. We only stock odd things in our shop. We keep our trailer pretty full & need a delivery from the supplier about every third install.

Rob

7. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Shop? What shop? It's been my home garage for 11 years now. But if I can find one more tech for next year, I think I may go the shop/office route.

Hey Tony, let's think of finding a way to split a receptionist/scheduler next year. Just a thought.

8. Flow Control

I did that for two summers with an LCO. You can't beat it, if you can find another company I would recommend it. Just hire an experienced person. Made the mistake of not being involved on one hire and they hired someone for reasons other then ability, big mistake. You could hire a part-timer at $10 per hour for 30hrs. Which works out to only 150+ per company a week. We just rotated the weeks on which company payed her.

9. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

She must have been a GLM or a GLB??? :laugh:

10. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

What broker co. are you buying from, & how much money are you talking about saving.. i go through 4 cases of heads a week....

i stock alot of stuff, but since i can receive my parts next day by truck. theres no point in overstocking with cases and cases.. unless like you're saying
    the deals are good to buy from a broker....

btw take some more pictures... i'll throw some up of mine soon