some stripes from today

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Priority Lawn Care, Jun 24, 2007.

1. Priority Lawn Care

Priority Lawn Care LawnSite Member

These are on my own lawn.

IMG_6181.jpg

IMG_6184.jpg

2. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

sorry, who did it ?

3. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh my......

4. Priority Lawn Care

ummmmmm I did.

5. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Basically they are saying it doesn't look that great. The straight ones are a little wobbly and I can't even really see much as far as the curved ones. The cut looks good but I would work on the straightness.

Cheers
    Jeff

6. simonkodousek

simonkodousek LawnSite Member

I agree with you 100%.

OP, I am sorry to say, you could have done a better job. The lines are wobbly, and don't look that clean, especially in the curved areas.

I don't mean this as a put-down, I am just telling the truth, and maybe helping the look of your next cut lawn. :)

7. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

It looks like a garden tractor,not to insult you.

8. Myk

Myk LawnSite Member

I'm going to take a wild guess that your using a 48" or 52" mower, from what I see...a 60" or bigger leaves bigger stripes looking more professional other than stripes looking soo close together to where they look like they run into each other like your strait lines...Like the other post I agree it could be better but I have striped yards before and thought dang I'm taking a picture and the picture didn't do justice for the work.

9. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

try starting at the sidewalk..... making them stright, work your way IN towards the beds....

10. Priority Lawn Care

Wow, and I thought the curved looked cool. I have a ferris 48" with a stripe kit on it, I don't think it works the best. I might want to get a roller type, what do you think? Does the roller type tear up the grass when turning?