some stuff from this week

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by PTSolutions, Jul 14, 2012.

1. PTSolutions

PTSolutions LawnSite Silver Member
    from OH

very nice international 4seasons! love the al rims.

noah- my brother made that backrack from scratch. i got lazy and bought a plain jane frame from spyder industries and added the brackets for all the lights, we had them both line x'd as well.

the 6500 is "legally" plated at 25,200 gvwr on the door plate and she weighs 13,000 with a full tank of fuel so the legal payload is approx 6.2 tons but 8 is a more realistic capability.

2. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

those are pretty good numbers. I just had my truck looked over by a truck upfitter. They said it can be bumped up to 35,000 from 33. Definitly want to do that because the thing weighs 18,000 empty so I'll pick up 1 ton of payload for a total of 8.5 tons. If I get rid of the all season body for a standard I'll pick up another ton.

3. CSLC

CSLC LawnSite Member

Is that really a F550?

4. PTSolutions

from OH

nope, it does have the extra heavy rear springs on the rear though. both main leafs cracked over the winter before from carrying the heavy salt spreader so we put those on and it lifted the rear like 5 inches so he then put on a BDS 4" lift on the front to level it out. he put the 550 badges on after but forgot to order a third one for the rear lol.

5. noahb195

noahb195 LawnSite Senior Member

You should really keep updating this thread. I really like seeing your work and equipment.

6. Cornell

Cornell LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

Those are some big tree slices!

We just did a volleyball court today similar to this.

What are the bottom-most lights on your headache rack?

7. PTSolutions

from OH

the thin lights in between the metal hoops are led stop/turn/tail lights, the clear ones on an angle are led strobes and the big square ones are led flood lights. we do alot of plowing so thats the reason for the all the attention getters. and in case you guys are wondering, the risers for the toolbox is in case i have the transfer tank in my truck, wont fit if the box sits on the rails. i have to cover that gap with diamond plate then it will be finished and you wont be able to see the bolts.

8. Z-master man

Z-master man LawnSite Senior Member

Think one of your brothers strobe bars is a little dirty lol..

9. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

maybe its just me but it looks like it could use a little more weight on the front of the trailer?

10. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

Is that dirt Fill or top soil