1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Some Suggestions Please

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by WALKER LANDSCAPE, Feb 3, 2007.

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey felas hav e residential customer wants drip irrigation installed in mulch beds this season before his mulch install. Have seen the kind you run that attach to a garden hose (Thats what he wants by the way) I have seen some that are actual pop up fan sprinkler heads too. If you guys have any suggestionsor ideas feel free to throw them my way.
    Thanks in advance :waving:

Anyone?? Thanks
  3. cs12bigfoot

cs12bigfoot LawnSite Member

try netafilm. They usually sell it at John Deere Landscapes and other big irrigation places. It hooks into a water main just like an irrigation system but it is a drip system. Put a timer on it, wind it through the beds under the mulch and your done

Thanks I will look into that as well :waving:
  5. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

There is a forum here on irrigation im sure someone there could help.
  6. CkLandscapingOrlando

CkLandscapingOrlando LawnSite Senior Member

I try to sell all my new installs on the drip system.You can set up a 50 foot set up In about 20 min.I got my stuff at home depot.The starter kit Is like 30 bucks and It comes with every thing you need to get your first 50 foot out.I get all my lines and tips In bulk to make more money.They sell them to hook up to a hose or a main line.You can get heads for a pop up that will feed like 12 micro heads

Were do you get the bulk items at?
    Thanks to everyone for their input
  8. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

My dad put some drip hose under his mulch years ago. We just dug down about 4 - 6" & laid the mulch right over that. On the fitting side, we left it out about 2 feet so we could run a garden hose over to it. I think he probably bought it at HD.
  9. PSUturf

PSUturf LawnSite Senior Member

The porous soaker hose is probably the cheapest and fastest to install. You just lay the hose out through the bed so that it runs past the base of each plant. Use some sod staples to hold it down and cover it with mulch. I connect the soaker hose to a Y hose splitter, run it through the bed and connect it to the other side of the Y. If you have a run that dead ends the water flow decreases as you get near the end. Porous soaker hose self drains every time the water is shut off so there is no need to remove it or blow it out in the winter. Home Depot sells it in 50' lengths. John Deere Landscapes used to have it in bulk.
  10. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

Do what PSUturf said.

When I do an installation and the customer does not have irrigation I put a soaker hose under the mulch and hold it down with sod pins.