1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Some take our grass for granted-MUST SEE

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Big C, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

This is a copy of an email I received....think about this while you mow....

Soldier in Iraq with his tiny 'plot' of grass in front of his tent. Here is a soldier stationed in Iraq , stationed in a big sand box. He asked his wife to send him dirt ( U.S. soil), fertilizer, and some grass seed so that he can have the sweet aroma, and feel the grass grow beneath his feet. When the men of the squadron have a mission that they are going on, they take turns walking through the grass and the American soil -- to bring them good luck. :usflag:

2. grass2cash

grass2cash LawnSite Member

At first glance I thought it was John Cena. The ol' sayin' that "absence makes the heart grow fonder" is never more true when so far from home. Army all day!!!!! Hoooah!!!
  3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

That picture is about 4 years old. I wonder how the grass is doing now?

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Thats really awesome. Thats a really cool story.
  5. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer LawnSite Silver Member

Cool pic, God bless our soldiers!
  6. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Hell yeah I remember this story. Thats a good idea.

Bless Our Troops. I got a brother in the U.S. Navy and my best friend just signed with the Marines.
  7. Hawg City Lawns

Hawg City Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

very cool, i wonder if he was an lco back at home?
  8. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

yeah it really makes you think....
  9. schunklawn

schunklawn LawnSite Member

i think its a great reminder as to what "we" or what "he" does or did for a living everyday.....day in day out, but thus far i haven't seen a post from someone that has realized the real reason that he is a war or the fact that we do "not" have a draft going on....our soldiers are to be more that well respected as which they always have been but hey....until that day god bless the usa for freedom of choice because i know damn well i will not sacrifice my life tomorrow for something that i personally do not belive is not worth fighting for....much respect and i honestly hope the best...:usflag:
  10. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

that could make a grown man cry on the right day. that is beautiful