some velke ?'s

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mikeyshane331, Apr 28, 2005.

1. mikeyshane331

mikeyshane331 LawnSite Member

I have a one wheel velke, i think its called the pro 1 or something like that, it came with my mower when i bought it a couple of weeks ago. It has a lot of play in it from side to side, I think this might be the bushings?? What do you all think? If so, then where can i get some replacement ones at?

Now, my next question, has anyone ever added some kind of padding to the foot platform??

2. lwcmattlifter

lwcmattlifter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Call your Wright dealer. They have the parts you need.

3. mikeyshane331

sorry, i forgot to put the nearest wright dealer is over 100 miles away, it is even long distance to call there.

4. lwcmattlifter

from NC

Where is the play coming from? Wheel, swing joint, or hitch?

5. mikeyshane331

its not the wheel. I think most of it is coming from the hitch, but maybe a little bit from the swing point also.

6. lwcmattlifter

from NC

The hitch uses bronze bushings. There is a bearing kit you can buy that comes with all the bushings for wheel, pivot and hitch points or you can buy individual parts. You might want to try looking at Napa or another parts house for parts. Take the old bushings with you and try to match them up.

7. Appalachian landscape

Appalachian landscape LawnSite Senior Member

my 2 wheel moves (plays) alot. I know exactly what you mean. Mine is from the point where the arm attaches to the platform. Could it be over greased?

8. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Every mower shop in the US sells velkes. If not any of the online parts places or parts catalogs have these parts. Since they are wear items. Everybody sells them or has them in stock.

9. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

If i were you all I would go with a swivel sulkey I have one and I think its worth the extra money.

10. SeacoastDesignsL&L

SeacoastDesignsL&L LawnSite Member

my one wheeled velke on the walk behind is feels like it is wobbly from side to side, its just the way they feel and ride I think