Some Winter Rye Pics

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by tjsquickcuts, Jan 4, 2008.

1. tjsquickcuts

tjsquickcuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Atlanta

Here are a few pics my foreman took and emailed to me while I was on vacation to show me that they had been working, and keeping things looking good. I am really shooked at how well some of the lawns have taken with the lack of rain and watering bans.

PICT0013.JPG

PICT0014.JPG

PICT0015.JPG

PICT0016.JPG

PICT0017.JPG

2. tjsquickcuts

from Atlanta

and here are a few more.....I will get more pics up as I settle back in from Vacation. Went to South Beach, and had a blast. The weather could have been better, but I will not complain.....it sure beat the freezing weather we have had here in Atlanta. One good thing was that we got over 3.5 inches over the last 2 weeks of the year, so hopefully thats a start of whats to come. The last pic is of one of our bigger neighborhoods and the final leaf clean-up visit. I hate he didnt take more pics, but he was just doing it for me to let me know they were taking care of business.

PICT0018.JPG

PICT0019.JPG

PICT0012.JPG

3. josh1981

josh1981 LawnSite Senior Member

looks good. where in atl is this? im from a litle north of alpharetta.

4. tjsquickcuts

from Atlanta

Most of my areas are near the airport or west of the city. Thanks, just wish we could get more rain to help out the growth, but it looks good for no rain though. I am sure your area is booming just as much as it is down here so good luck for 08.

5. mowing grass 1111

mowing grass 1111 LawnSite Senior Member

can winter rye be laid down now ? i live in virginia and my yard is looking really rough

6. tjsquickcuts

from Atlanta

It really depends on the ground temp....I actually think its too late to see any uniformed growth. We seeded all of our lawns back in Sept and Oct. But if you are getting a lot of rain I would say give it a shot. The rains picked up enough here over the last two weeks of the year to keep us out of the record books.

7. josh1981

josh1981 LawnSite Senior Member

actually the grass up here is not that green, yours is greener down there. And I would of never thought those would be near the airport. Thanks man. I cant wait to get the yard equipment out and do some cutting and trimming before I move to my condo in may (by then just cutting the grass at the house when parents are gone and a few cleanups a yr). Ill have to find a new hobby!