1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Somebody Lending Me Land For Free

Discussion in 'Nurseries and Growers' started by landscapetastic, Aug 18, 2012.

1. landscapetastic

landscapetastic LawnSite Member
    from ny

Hi,

Sometime ago I found a ad on craigs list about land that somebody is letting people use for free. I responded and met with the guy, I told him I wanted to grow trees on it. I asked him what it was in for him , he said nothing and that he wanted to help somebody out. You can use the land for free. What type of legal protection should I have before planting trees on it , since trees are a big commitment before selling them 5- 7 years from now. I live in NY

2. easy-lift guy

easy-lift guy LawnSite Gold Member

You are blessed to have this opportunity. Ask the owner if he would have any objections
    Leasing the land to you for say a $1.00 per year. If he agrees find an attorney that handles leases and or contract law. Have an agreement drawn up protecting both of your rights, make sure it is a multiple year agreement. Check with your a accountant as well to see if there are any special filings needed for your state. If the owner agrees. I wish you both a long and profitable relationship.
    easy-lift guy

3. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

This could go down hill very fast:confused:

4. Creative Cuts

Creative Cuts LawnSite Member

U wont have much money involved not that big of risk, I say give it a shot
    Posted via Mobile Device