Someone called the cops on me...

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by procut, Jun 25, 2006.

1. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member
    Posts: 1,853 least I think. I was out mowing a few days ago and was winding the spool on a trimmer when a cop pulls up and motions for me. I walk over and he says, "How long have you been here?" I said,"about 20 minutes why?" He replies, "someone phoned in saying they heard a gunshot in this area about five minutes ago, did you hear anything?" I said, "no, I had the mowers running and couldn't hear anything over them, sorry." He said thanks and drove off. After he drove off, I realized when I shut off one of the ZTRs, it back fired, someone must have thought it was a gunshot. BTW, yes I do know you are suppoesed to let them idle to cool down to avoid back firing.
  2. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

thats crazy some people are just not the sharpest tooks in the shed probably was your customer
  3. Sandgropher

Sandgropher LawnSite Senior Member

I got caught up in a murder investgation once, some one got killed in the area that i was mowing, police asked for any leads no matter how small, one of my customers rang the police i said normally get at his house at 9.00am but didnt arrive until 9.15, luckily i wasnt charged, but now i make shore i arrive promptly and on time :laugh: :laugh:
  4. All_Clear

All_Clear LawnSite Senior Member

You should hear some of the calls on the local police scanner....

Nothing suprises me anymore!

All Clear
  5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

LOL I hear you, it's been many years since I've listened to mine and here the local guys scramble their comms but the state police does not... A lot of times it's so boring and mundane but from time to time, it's better than the tv show cops.
  6. nmez21

nmez21 LawnSite Senior Member

I hear ya! - A 10-41 is something in my town that you hear on the scanner and then rush to find the location.

10-41 --- Meaning: Man dressed in animal carcas :laugh:

Have only seen two in my entire life, but they're good if you get there early!:usflag:
  7. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

I was cleaning windows at the american consulates personal residence here in winnipeg just after the 911 attack. They had been transferred here from Isreal and there were RCMP plainclothes all over. Really polite, but the consulates wife seen me looking at this very ugly pottery in the house and she told me they were 3000 years old and came from the area where the dead sea scrolls were. Also that one of the cops knocked one over and it broke into several pieces, lol.

The next time I was cleaning the windows there the consulates wife (an american ofcourse) was having a war with the land lord so I was cleaning the windows so they could have a 4th of july party. 4th of july is nothing in canada but its important to these americans they were to have 500 ppl over and the land lord (a canadian) decided to inform them that he was repaving the drive way on july 4th, ROFL. It was so funny how mad she was. I talked to both the land lord who originally hired me and the consulate and his wife who hired me after that. When they would talk about each other I would just agree with them. I go ya she's crazy, lol.
  8. Sandgropher

Sandgropher LawnSite Senior Member

That would have been a laugh ,:nono: no i am doing the landscaping ,mowing the lawns and paving the drive on that date ,you will have to have your 4 th of july party on the 10th:clapping: :clapping:
  9. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

It's a good thing I didn't mention that WE WON THE WAR of 1812, ROFL!
  10. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

Who do think gets those crazy calls? And yes we have to do something with those calls. Got stopped just after midnight one night, cop claims a breaklight was burnt out. Anyway mother-in-law was listening to scanner land, called my wife and wondered what I did.