Someone didn't do their clean-up cut...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mrbobian, May 6, 2008.

1. mrbobian

mrbobian LawnSite Member

I was going through some of the pictures from my sister's senior trip and came across some that made my jaw drop. I believe this is the changing of the guards and Arlington National Cemetery or someplace like that where the gurads all have to be ultra proper and all fit certain requirments... guess the lawn crew doesn't have to fit any criteria...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not bad really, but I would expect more...

2. DillonsLawnCare

DillonsLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

thats horribly visible

3. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

And what exactly would you say is wrong with that picture?? Other than the stripes could have been done cleaner I dont really see anything...

4. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

Oh, clean up cut as in pass around the edge when done is what Im taking it you meant.

5. jsaunders

jsaunders LawnSite Bronze Member

lines aren't super but looks good- looks like mowed with a w/b with 2 wheel sulky(extra lines)

6. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Looks like Arlington national cemetary. Thats the tomb of the unknown soldier changing of the guard. My old high school friend now rests in arlington cemetary god bless him. I live about 30 to 40 minutes from there.

7. LawnMowerKing10

LawnMowerKing10 LawnSite Senior Member

I think it might be Davey landscaping... have seen them there every time i have been there

8. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Is it me or does it seem he went Left to Right and totally lost track of the pattern?

I'd like to see that patch cut on a diagonal, start at the top right corner to bottom left and continue.

9. mrbobian

mrbobian LawnSite Member

yeah, the stripes off to the right side are all screwed up. On a normal residential lawn it would not have been so bad but if I was in charge of mowing that grass, Id make it absolutly perfect... but thats just me I guess

10. Gruneich Lawn Care Inc.

Gruneich Lawn Care Inc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from SD

When I was there last summer, they used mostly Exmarks with sulkys, a few lazers and a few scags mixed in. I think I saw some pics on there website also. I think Brickman holds the contract...