Someone help me get a urethane cutting edge...

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by jaclawn, Oct 13, 2000.

1. jaclawn

jaclawn LawnSite Senior Member

I can't seem to get in touch with the housedoktor to place an order for a cutting edge. Does anyone know how I can get my hands on one of the edges???????

2. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

Call me direct at 860/859/0739
    Thanks Dino

3. bandit_36

bandit_36 LawnSite Member

I'm currently a mech. for the State of NE Dept. of Roads & I am constantly getting mailings from "Winter" a snow plow supply catalog & they have the cutting edges you are looking for. Feel free to e-mail me & I will get you in touch with them.

4. Snow Pro

Snow Pro LawnSite Member

Send me an e-mail with your e-mail address so I can e-mail you their e-mail address, or something like that. If you don't do e-mail, call me Monday at the office and I'll give you the name of the company that was giving them away at the SIMA Symposium in Portland. I won one, but am still waiting for it four months later. I'll let you know if they don't come through.

Mike
    snowpros@juno.com
    219-93SNOWPROS
    219-937-6697

5. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith LawnSite Senior Member

Mike,

There are actually many distributors for "that" company who post here on this forum. I am in the process of becoming one right now myself. I just got off the phone with the VP of Finance of "that" company. I mentioned that you are still waiting for the edge you won, from 4 months ago. I have a feeling you will be receiving it <B>very</B> soon now! ;)

~Chuck

6. nsmilligan

nsmilligan LawnSite Member

Any body got any info on a Canadian disributor for these edges? Has any of you fitted them to a V, I understand they can be cut with a good circluar saw.

Thanks Bill

7. Chuck Smith

Dino has one on his Westrn MVP. It took a 20 degree compound miter cut on the center ends. I will look into a Canadian dealer for you. I can ship to Canada, but it would be cheaper for you to find a Canadian dealer I think.

~Chuck

8. Snow Pro

Snow Pro LawnSite Member

Thanks Chuck -

I know who to call when I need a second one!

9. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

Bandit_36 writes,

"I'm currently a mech. for the State of NE Dept. of Roads & I am constantly getting mailings from "Winter" a snow plow supply catalog & they have the cutting edges you are looking for. Feel free to e-mail me & I will get you in touch with them."

I just got off the phone with Winter Equipment Co in Ohio. This company does not stock or sell urethane edges only rubber, carbide, and steel. I understand there is a difference in performance between rubber and urethane.

10. Chuck Smith

Yes, there is a <B>BIG</B> difference. The urethane is a much harder compound. Much more durable, and doesn't have a "memory" like rubber does. It is available in various thicknesses, from 1" - 4" thick. I am not sure, but I think it can't be used on bottom trip plows, like the Fisher.

Dino, John Parker, Alan, or anyone else care to elaborate more about urethane edges?

~Chuck