1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Someone please help me

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Pro-turf lawn, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Pro-turf lawn

Pro-turf lawn LawnSite Member

So my best customer had new field lines installed for his septic system. The guy did a pretty good job but the backfill that he leveled is flush with the regular soil. so I think a regular prep with sod on top would be at least 2inches above the rest of the yard What can I do BTW (it's a high end rental on the lake so seeding is not a option unless at all cost)

2. lawdawg

lawdawg LawnSite Member

If it is even now it probaly won't be tomorrow, it should settle. You could try to pack it to helps it along.

3. Daily Lawn/Landscape

Daily Lawn/Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

water the hell out of it for a couple weeks to settle disturbed soil. Come back and add soil and sod.

4. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

run a tiller over it but not too deep and you can compact it down some

5. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

Your name says "Pro Turf Lawn" I'd think you would know right away what will happen and what you will need to do.

6. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Most warm season grasses would take over pretty quick with water and fertilizer for sure.

7. TurnerLandscape

TurnerLandscape LawnSite Member

whatever you do, DO NOT COMPACT THE SOIL, watering the hell out of is your best option, it should settle. compactions will create problems with infiltration, percolation, porespace, etc. id say within 2-3 weeks it will settle to the proper depth