Someone stole my mulch

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by olderthandirt, Jun 20, 2006.

1. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Went out to get a load of mulch and notice that someone drove in the opposite side over the week end and helped themselves to about 10-15 yds. off the pile. What really gets me is how many times they had to come back to get that amount :confused: Now the dog has to suffer and sleep outside

2. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

not only the amount of time, but HAND Loading...UUGH....Heck for retail sales that would end up being around $500 in lost inventory....

3. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

sorry to hear it mac. would it be possible to fence it in? might be worth the $$

4. 29 Palms Property Management

29 Palms Property Management LawnSite Senior Member

That's crazy! Who needs mulch that bad to hand load that amount? And to return who knows how many times? Poor dog!

5. DAVEY PROS

DAVEY PROS LawnSite Member

Wow - i'd be pissed off.

Wait and see if they return. (wait with a shotgun or a paintball gun)

I hate people stealing stuff. We've had stuff stole right from our garage WHILE WE WERE HOME! Most recently someone stole my ipod and headphones that added up to $450! Makes you think about all the people no better than skum living on this god green earth....god almighty. Don't worry they'll get what they deserve - it always ends up that way.

Hope you find our who took it. Good luck.

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

So the poor pooch gets to sleep outside cause you didn't secure the mulch properly? :hammerhead: :nono: what kind of mean owner are you btw :laugh: I think PETA or the SPCA should be brought in on this one!

7. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Mac, sorry to hear that man. I would be very unhappy as well. I can't believe the nerve that some people have. Oh, btw, pass on my condolences to the pooch(kidding).

8. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Yeah, send them right over the poor pooch can't tell the difference between them and a thief :laugh: :laugh: If its PETA or SPCA I'm sure they will not care about a vicious dog sleeping outside and if its the thief me and the dog won't care if he has to sleep outside ;) :)

9. SWD

SWD LawnSite Senior Member

Geez, it sucks to be your dog:)
    Seriously, stuff like this really pisses me off.
    Maybe you can put the pooch and the mulch in the house and YOU sleep outside?

10. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

meanwhile you wanna hog all the ac in your easy chair and let poor fido bake out in the hot sun all day long...hope he gets a sudden hearing loss next time you want your slippers and evening paper btw...man's best friend ought to pee on your pant leg instead of the fire hydrant IMO :laugh: