"Someone" told my customer I sold my accounts to them...

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by indylawnboy, Jun 3, 2011.

1. djlawn

djlawn LawnSite Member

Sounds like this may not be a competitor but possibly a thief scoping out potential homes to hit. You may want to call the police and let them know what may be happening.

Sounds like thats a very good possibility. People are out scamming any way they can. They probably saw the lawn had been treated and just wnt up to the door.

2. Joe T.

Joe T. LawnSite Member

From a different point of view:

Why not move up the professional scale a bit? Get a website and only let your customers have access to it. Have some useful information on the site for them - when to do so-and-so. When to do this-n-that. Why you are doing so-n-so and this-n-that. You could even run ads for specials, and maybe even get into a relationship with a local nursery and let them place sale ads on your site. The possibilities are endless.

Also, have you customer's emails addresses and send out monthly info reports. Why worry about grubs? What can they do to your lawn and how your service is going to eliminate that. Why fertilize in March, but not July? Yada, yada, yada.

Also, you could bill by email and if you accept credit cards, they could pay via email.

Don't let some slime ball out maneuver you. Get ahead of the curve.

Regards and good luck,
    Joe T.

3. madisonpressurewashing

madisonpressurewashing LawnSite Senior Member

I would burn them. You can't let them become successful at this, or it will keep going on. imo

4. 205mx

205mx LawnSite Silver Member

Joe t. You're ideas seems pretty spot on.
    Posted via Mobile Device