Someone tried to steal my rig

Discussion in 'Stolen Equipment' started by Richard Martin, Apr 18, 2013.

1. lazor-cut

lazor-cut LawnSite Senior Member
    from Wixom

Dumb question maybe but.. How do you guys lock your chains???

2. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

Since you had the balls to ask, I'll admit that I have no idea what that means either.

3. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

I wrap them around the jack and pad lock. Keeps them from just pulling the trailer with the chains if you use a ball lock.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. GrassGuerilla

GrassGuerilla LawnSite Bronze Member

Secure the safety chain with a padlock instead of a hook. Doesn't have to be Fort Knox. Just make yours tougher to take than the next guys. I use a sort of skinny longer padlock.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Nate'sLawnCare

Nate'sLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Been some thefts in our small town too. My son was unloading the trailer at our house a few days ago and the neighbor across the street asked if we were planning to leave the trimmers on there. He said "no, why" and she told him that some items had been taken out of the neighbors truck and garage a few days ago. It pays to play it safe and secure your stuff. I'm just glad my inland marine insurance asks for a list of equipment model and serial numbers that they keep, just in case.

6. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I don't care how long I will be out of the truck. The windows are up and the doors are locked. Lazy crooks ride around looking for a easy target. I don't think any area of town is immune to daylight theft these days

7. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

I use the green ones by wicked laser--they're very hot.

8. desii

desii LawnSite Member

I DID have this happen to me, late last year. They drove away with my F450 Crew 4x4 dump, 20' enclosed trailer with two 2012 Lazers; 1-72 and 1-60. Can see it on video, but not enough to know who. To date nothing has turned up...insurance came thru, but that doesn't give me too much peace of mind.

9. GrassGuerilla

GrassGuerilla LawnSite Bronze Member

Glad you're OK. People get killed for MUCH less.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. lazor-cut

lazor-cut LawnSite Senior Member
    from Wixom

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thanks for the backup! haha!

ahhh I see! Good Idea.