1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Someone Wanting To Buy Me Out

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by littleo92, Jul 26, 2008.

1. littleo92

littleo92 LawnSite Member

Actullay a friend of mine call me the other day said some guy call him out of the blue and asked if he want to sell his mowing business. The guy knew he had two z turn riders and a z turn stander, 20' trailer. HE wanted to know what my friend wanted for all his contracts and equipment not including his trucks, said the guy new all the right words like % of what they thought his contracts where worth, and stuff like that. HE thought it might be one of are monster lawn care companies wanting him out I could see that with as many little guys starting to get a few more commercial management properties to go with them because the monster lawn care comps do **** work.

has anyone else been approched like that?
    THe guy did not say who he was or comp he was with but he sounded to my friend like I said to know his s*&^%

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

uhhhhhh ok so what was the point of this again?
  3. littleo92

if your to slow it's not my prob,:hammerhead: ( just screwin with ya) been long hot misearble day.

the point is this norm to have a guy like this call you up or is it a scam, or is the big mown comp trying to buy the little guy back up because their losing to much work to the little guy and they are locking the work back in.

the point is would this be a practice they would try to get thier work back to them?
  4. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

The scam is, all of the info your friend gave to some guy on the phone, without knowing who he was talking to.
  5. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

I had a customer call me once and he offered me $20,000 for the business. I laughed, explained a few things to him, and politely said "no thanks". He was wanting to help out a relative of his. Funny how we still mow his lawn thugh.:dizzy:
  6. Dean of Green

Dean of Green LawnSite Senior Member

What he said. Wow. Why would anyone give all that info to a stranger on the end of a phone line. Guess his parents never taught him not to talk to strangers.
  7. littleo92

I like to know where you two are going so ur telling me that was stupid to give someone thats wanting to buy your businesss out you do not now he got the guys name if thats what you two are talking about? I did not know I had to spell that part out in here but I guess if people are slow to try to wrap the head around what Im saying!!!:hammerhead: come on use your head then trying to be a smart @#@
    I kind of dought a larger buisness is going to call you and say

HI i'm such an such with and give the large competators name and they are wanting to buy you out !!! wound'nt that defeat the purpose in wanting to buy the smaller guy out? when the smaller guy nows he's taking work away from them !!!
  8. Dean of Green

Dean of Green LawnSite Senior Member

And I kinda(never in a million years) doubt I would ever give out that info on the phone. To each his own.
  9. poolboy

poolboy LawnSite Silver Member
    from earth

Different industry, but i had the company below call and leave a message asking if I was willing to sell off some or all of our accounts. They mentioned that I could buy accounts as well, which is where i believe the scam begins.

10. littleo92

I guess I do not see the scam like you guys, he did not tell them how many accounts or who they where?? just if he was interested in sell his company!!

I guess like my freind said if he call this guy back he would tell him he would sell it for $100,000

and see what hes counter offer would be

you can't tell me a larger compedator has never come up to you or someone that you now and wanted to by you out as bad as the cut throating is getting in the lawn care service!!!

or may be someone can explain to me where the scam is in this !!! I must be the one slow.

a large out overseas construction company has been doing just that buying the small compation out here in Iowa the funny thing is there not buying the ones out that are not making it just the ones that are !