Something customers do that don't make sence

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Rons Rightway Lawncare, May 3, 2007.

1. Rons Rightway Lawncare

Rons Rightway Lawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Why in the world do so many people leave their stinking garage doors open all day? I am there to mow the lawn, their driveway gets all kinds of clippings and dirt from edging all over it, and there is dust flying from the equipment and then of course I have to blow this mess off the driveway and it is a pain in the butt to have to try NOT to get any in that open garage! :nono:

I tell them when I see them to CLOSE THE DOOR when I am there.... but alot of them just won't listen. I am about to get to the point where if crap ends up in the garage then too bad for them cause I warned them!:waving:

2. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I just started not caring if they don't. I have one that it always seems like when I pull up the garage door and windows get opened, seriously. I have another that likes to let the dogs out when I'm back in the backyard mowing. I just don't get people.

3. MuleCutter

MuleCutter LawnSite Member

i'm like that bout childrens small toys such as toy trucks, cars, legos... etc. i tell customers repeatedly when i bid a new job that my pet peeve is toys being laid out and to have them picked up for when i get there. well let's just say now that a certain little boy is missing some little dump trucks and his sister is missing her flip flops.... OOPS!!!!

4. Rons Rightway Lawncare

Rons Rightway Lawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I've got another one that thankfully waters his lawn, but then leaves the dam hose laying across the backyard for ME to pick up. He isn't the only one that does this, but what makes him special was last fall he asked me to go to Lowes and pick up some mulch and topsoil bags for him, and while I was at Lowes I bought him a hose reel and when I dropped off the stuff to him I said I also got him a hose reel so he could start reeling in the hose on Tuesday mornings before I come out to mow. He chuckled and commented on how he knew I was probably sick of moving the slimey hose out of the way..... Well that was LAST FALL, and the reel is still sitting next to the hose but is the hose on it or connected to it? Nope! That sorry SOB!!!!

5. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

You pick them up? After the first time, I mow over them. Never ate one up yet tho.

6. LawnMower

LawnMower LawnSite Senior Member

He didn't ask you to buy it, so why should he use it? Some customers don't appreciate someone like you. Go above and beyond your call of duty only when its appreciated.

Get rid of him, or move the hose and do the job........thats it. No more trying to help him to help you.

7. DuraCutter

DuraCutter LawnSite Senior Member

That attitude reflects what most customers honestly think of lcos. We're their b#tches. Seriously, most have no respect, and think nothing of ignoring the lco. It all goes back to the "12 year old can cut grass" so they see the lco, no matter if he's 40, as a kid, no more.

Pathetic.... I prefer commercial and condos. Most times, I never see them and they do treat me and my guys different.

my 2 cents. :)

8. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Now with the garage doors, I ask them if it is ok for me to step past the threshhold, I blow it out with the blower.

You'd be surprised how much dust flies out of there, customers appear to like it but I DO make sure to ask first because to me it's kinda an off limits area, open door or not. Once they agree thou, part of the service :)

I include it, for me it only takes a few minutes, kinda cool thing to do.

9. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

LMAO............ You answered your own Q.......

when I had a lawn service come to my house I did this on purpose.....
    It's a GREAT way to get it cleaned out...........the guy would always have to blow out the garage too............
    Little games people play

10. hess

hess LawnSite Member

I don't move any thing after i tell them i just mow around them and when they move there things they have spots of tall grass everywhere. Then they call and say you missed some spots can you come back. I tell them again i don't move any thing and i'll see you next week on your service day.Next week it's all picked up and moved.