Something for all you Case nuts

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by bobcat_ron, Apr 10, 2008.

1. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

2. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Now Ron we both know the story. The guy was trying to push over a tree and apparently was not happy that there is no tree clause in the CASE warranty.
  3. bobcat_ron

Deere, NH, Bobcat Vertical paths and the C Series Cat's will never be able to do that to their loader cylinders!

That has always been one thing that I hated about radius path loaders, I still like the Cat large frame Radius Path machines better.
  4. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

It is a vertical lift machine. 3150 ROC without counter weight and 3600 pounds with.
  5. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

You may or may not bend the cylinders. You might just snap the loader arms. The guy was ramming the machine into a tree. There will be concequences for that on any machine.
  6. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

i wonder how he got it onto the trailer without nose diving
  7. Construct'O

Construct'O LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Sw Iowa

They posted later that they used a crane or something to hold the bucket up while they torched the rods and lowered it.

That might have been the problem when it really came down to getting them warranty.I'm sure ramming trees wasn't something they would tell Case.

They should have just taken the pins out and or removed the cylinders and lowered the bucket to load.:rolleyes::usflag:
  8. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

I never seen that happen before the guy must have been abusing the machine pretty hard. I'am surprised he could walk after he did that :laugh:
  9. CTD992500

CTD992500 LawnSite Member

Looks like that could have been fun lol Not! PRobably a lack of commen sense.
  10. bobcat_ron

I did something like that on my Dad's old Mustang 930A with a jack hammer, I "forgot" to pull the point out of the concrete and I pulled the machine into reverse and bent the bucket cylinder like a strand of spaghetti. Dad was pissed. I was happy to go home early.