something for the exmark guys!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mowcrazy, May 6, 2008.

1. mowcrazy

mowcrazy LawnSite Senior Member

Okay, got something for the exmark guys. I have 2 60" exmark turf tracers which I am absolutely in love with. Love the ecs controls and you get the luxury of having 60" deck and can buy them a few years old for around 2500 dollars. Anyways I was having some problems with them not spraying the grass out very well. Having some clumping issues which was making me have to double cut almost everything. Well my buddy also has the same year 60" turf tracer and he told me he has mowed all spring and not had an issue like that all spring. He is also a part time employee of mine so I asked if we could take his turf tracer along with one of mine for a day. I Couldnt belive what I was seeing!!! We were in the same yard, my side clumped up like I had bush hogged it and his side was just as striped and pretty as can be. Mind you I have been in the business for a while and have had this issue for the past couple of springs. I always just thought it just came with the territory of mowing in the spring. I looked both of our mowers over, same year, same deck, same mowing height. The only thing that was different was something that I didnt think could be the answer but boy was I wrong! I was using the exmark excaliber blade that I get from my local exmark dealer and he was using some different type of blade which he couldnt evan remember the name of. He bought them off e-bay and hes gonna check and see what brand they were. The only difference in the 2 blades is my blade has a cutting edge that runs almost in to the middle of the blade. His blade just had a cutting edge out on the last 4 inches or so (estimate) of the blade. I know everyone may think that im crazy but Both decks were just as clean as a whistle this morning when we left the house, same horse power and everything. Has anyone else had this problem because this is definetley the answer. As soon as he sends me the name of the blade I will post it. It is nothing special at all. As a matter of fact I would think that it would do a worse job. It may not matter at all in the summer but when the grass is growing like it is right now here in ohio and it has some moisture locked in it this blade is definetley better than any other blade I have ever seen. It evan has the same lift! Any one else run these type of blades? By the way, at the end of the day, my deck was clogged and his was still showing metal at the end of the day.

2. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i dont use exmark, but very interesting comparison. i do know blades make or break a mower and the factory ones are not always the answer

3. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Ohio

Thats somthing else,

I run a few Exmarks with out problem

4. totallawncare25

totallawncare25 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

go to expressmowerparts.com you will find those blades there. I have bought a ton of blades from them and love them. Also if you buy over 100.00 worth of blades which is easy to do the shipping is free.