Something for the pro's to laugh about.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by gusbuster, Oct 3, 2006.

1. Just read this in my local paper and would share with you.

There was a person who was pissed off about getting a ticket for wasting water. Broken sprinkler head was flooding a street during daylight times. After getting 3 notices from the city to fix the problem, he was cited.

In my area, from the beginning of day light savings time to the end of d.l.s., our city puts down watering restriction, if your house number ends in odd number, you can water only on a odd days and Sunday. Same rule for even number address. outside watering is not allowed from noon until 6 p.m.

So what this guy did was to go all over town on different nights, change the directions of the heads so they would spray the streets instead of water flowerbeds, lawn ect...
    This has been going on all summer long.

He finally got caught on the 26th of September at 3.30 in the am. A police officer driving by in an unmarked car happen to see him in the act, but didn't think anything of it at first since there was a city truck near by. Well it was only after a b.o.l. was put out the next evening's shift that the officer mentioned that he saw a city vehicle, truck# out in the area where some vandalism occurred that same night. It was then that the officer was told, unless it is some type of water main break, you would never see any city worker working at that hour fixing sprinklers.(duh)

The person that got nailed vandalizing the irrigation systems throughout town, What did he do for a living?
    He worked for the city as a ground maintenance worker.

John

2. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

3. Without A Drought

Without A Drought LawnSite Bronze Member

That's great. I always thought it was the sprinkler gremlins knocking heads out of adjustment. now i know it's city workers. (does that count as overtime?)

pg

4. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

LOL... I have pictures of various things to prove that I was at work today!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Besides... I drive a school district work truck, NOT a city truck. :)

5. PurpHaze

It appears to me that he is NOT qualified to do his job if he couldn't repair/replace/cap one damn sprinkler of his own. :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

6. The only reason why I brought up this newspaper article, the city workers are the ones that report water violations in the first place.

Besides, I know purp works for a school district and NOT a city. That's why I felt safe posting about this article.

I also find it funny that a police officer didn't find it odd that a city worker was working at that odd hour.

7. PurpHaze

Some police officers are absolutely clueless though. Last week we were at a middle school when I noted a parking strip across the street had its sprinklers on during the day. Didn't think too much of it since guys had been in the area that morning mowing the strip. However, two hours later I just had to do something since these sprinklers had been flooding out for so long. Just happened to catch a police officer as she was leaving the site and asked her if it should be reported to Public Works or the Parks department. She was absolutely clueless and almost seemed miffed that anyone would even care about something like this. Finally I just said to heck with it and notified our secretary who called the city.

Forgot to add that its OK to post about school employees.