something weird today

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by mrbray101, Feb 16, 2006.

1. mrbray101

mrbray101 LawnSite Senior Member

I was mowing one of my commercials today and a three man crew pulls up to the gas station next door. The guy got out and I could tell he was kind of looking over to me so I stopped and went to chat with him for a minute. Nothing much just basic lawn chit chat. Later when I am finishing blowing the walks he comes up and stops me again. He hands me a business card and asks me if I could give it to the store manager (of the place I am mowing) in case they are looking for someone new. I said sure man, but there was no way I would do that. He seemed legit and serious about this. Was this a joke or something? Anyone have something like this happen?

2. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

LOL, well that guy has some brass ba!!s, that's all i can say! he may have seemed legit but it sounds like he hasn't a clue as to how to actually get work.

3. mrbray101

it was very strange to say the least. It was a respectable looking crew, 2 turf tigers, a late 90s dodge ram, nice looking stihl handhelds. Hmm....I guess I never know.

4. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

lol thats one hell of a sales idea . i would reached in my pocket and gave the guy a condom and then have him tell his wife ill be over later to use it on her . clapping :laugh:

5. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

ROTFLMAO!!!

6. mrbray101

thats too funny, ill have to remember that...ha i like that one

7. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Take his card and go tell him to pound salt up his @ZZhammer

8. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I would have asked him if he was on drugs:laugh:

9. yardmanlee

yardmanlee LawnSite Senior Member

likes JKOOPERS response !! classic

10. Shawns Lawns

Shawns Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

I did some work for a customer and i had a friend of mine help me. We were there for awhile and when we finished i thought this guy is weird. Anyway the following spring the customer calls me up and asked if i can call my friend to see if he wants to do some work for this guy. I told him right away that i did not think he would be interised, the customer persisted more than i ever seen before. So i call my friend and of course he was not interisted and when the guy called back i told him so. In my mind i am thinking you have to be kidding me, to call me to ask for someone else to do work. Well needless to say i never did work for him again. :)