1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

SOMETIMES I wonder why I do this......

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by SprinklerGuy, Oct 18, 2001.

1. A lady just called me about 2 minutes ago and said:

I had you guys out a little while back and I paid you 55 dollars to fix my sprinklers (cheap) and it has never worked since. So I asked her for her name and punched it into my handy-dandy database.......

We were there 10-3.....of 2000!!!!!
    I told her there would certainly be a charge if I came out as it had been 1 year since we had been there.

She, of course, said " You're kidding, don't I have a warranty" Mind you, the 55 was our service charge and all we did was check and adjust the timer.

When I said no she said " I am tearing up your business card and never calling you again"

Good Riddance!!

But, does this kinda stuff make you wonder why the hell we do this sometimes? I always get a sick feeling in my stomach after those kind of calls. I hate that
  2. Stonehenge

Stonehenge LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

Yup. Then I give myself a swift kick in the tail and never offer the service again. Or offer it in a drastically different form.
  3. That might be tough stone, since that is ALL we do pretty much.
  4. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

Like I said in another post recently, makes cocktails at seven seem like a good way to start the day.

Comes with the territory, Idon't like it either. I take it personally, even though I know better. Thats the public. But what person in their right mind would expect a warranty on something that wsn't truly purshased or repaired?