1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Soo excited, I just gotta tell ya!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PrimeGreen Lawn, Jul 9, 2001.

1. PrimeGreen Lawn

PrimeGreen Lawn LawnSite Member

After hearing all your wonderful suggestions reguarding backpack blowers, I went out and bought one. Gotta tell you this story....

I made about 20 calls to local dealers to see if they sold Red Max equipment to no avail. Finally got the Red Max HQ phone number and faxed them a question about a local dealer. Within 5 MINUTES! I had a phone call that not only gave me the name and number, but also directions to this place! So far, Red Max already gets 2 thumbs up.

Drove 30 minutes into PA and was greeted with a handshake upon walking into the door. He said "You must be the guy that needs the backpack blower" I'm thinking, HOW WOULD HE KNOW? My rep called and told me you might be stopping my this morning.

Anyway, he showed me the unit and I immediately fell in love with it. Great power, started on the 1'st pull, and very comfortable to wear (EB6200). Well I went to get my credit card and found out he does not take credit! He right away said don't worry about it, take the unit and mail me the check!!! My mouth dropped to the floor in disbelief. How could he trust me soo much? Anyway, if Red Max and their dealers treat customers the way I was treated, they have a lifetime customer. Talk about dealer support!!!

Here is the wonderful dealers name and number.

Galen's Repairs and Sharpening,
    167 Impounding Dam Rd.
    Hanover, PA 17331
    (717) 637-3660
  2. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds pretty awesome. I wish my dealer would do that =).
  3. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Good deal. I need a new one now myself. Think I'll drive to Pa. to see the man.
  4. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

LOL @ Homer.
  5. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

That's great service. I'm sure you'll be happy with the Redmax BP blower. I have had a Redmax BP blower, stick edger and 36" hedge trimmer for about 5 years now and ZERO problems. They all start 95% of the time on first pull to this day. I don't have a Redmax weedeater because I love the weight and feel of Echo.

Good luck with it...
  6. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Homer, stop over on this trip and I'll buy you a cup of coffee. :)

This will ad another couple thousand miles to that Dieeeeeeeeeeeezle.

Primegreen, that is great to be trusted like that. I'm sure you will enjoy your EB6200 as much as we do. :)
  7. i've had a smaller redmax now for several years. and i too cant say a single bad thing about it, except the lack of power as opposed to some of the other machines i have. however if i was to purchase another back pack blower, i too would buy redmax again.
  8. gorrell

gorrell LawnSite Senior Member

I've got a ton of trimmers(4 husqvarnas, 3 shindaiwas, 1 muruyama, 1 shihl, and 2 redmax) The redmax units are the oldest in the stable, but always start on the first or second pull and have not had any repairs( except for new heads) EVER! I'd buy another in a heartbeat......................Lynn