soon to be goodbye to lawnsite

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grass disaster, Jun 9, 2008.

1. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

i will soon be switching jobs (cnc machinist) i will be quitting my night job (4,10's mon-thur 2:30 to 1pm)

i will be starting my day job in 3 weeks (mon-fri 6-2:30)

i have about 35 lawns that i will be doing after i get done with my full time job.

this won't leave much time to be surfing the web at work. no internet at the new job.

i hope i'm able to pull this off. i have quite a bit of work lined up.

2. bigtex

bigtex LawnSite Member
    from ma

good luck! i just did the same thing after 10 years of full time mowing. in april i got a job with the electric co. working mon-fri, 40 hours and love it. i tried to keep alot more lawns than i could handle though. but it was ok cause i kept enough that as the weeks went by i was able to drop certain ones instead of not having enough. it took a few weeks but now i have a good schedule that i can handle. i'll still cut 8 lawns a week with my other 40 hours.

3. LawnBrother

LawnBrother LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW Ohio

Good luck with your new job. It won't be easy keeping up with your lawns. Do your best! Remember caffeine is your friend....:drinkup:

4. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Good luck, it's difficult to do, however, if you manage you're time well, it can be done !!

5. franky

franky LawnSite Member
    from Texas

:cool2: So True !

6. Chris G

Chris G LawnSite Member

Hey good look out their remember to manage time well. BTW i like the choice of job.

7. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

i will be going from making parts out of brass for phone companies to making medical parts made out of medical grade titanium.... so it's going to get quite a bit more difficult.

8. franky

franky LawnSite Member
    from Texas

You can do it, They are trying to get me to come back to a machine shop. But I am too lazy right now, I want to be a yard boy for now. I hope you do well.:)

9. Allamericanlandscaping

Allamericanlandscaping LawnSite Member

thats some pretty extreme machining, never worked with titanium too expensive
    good luck to you.

10. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

grass disaster, Good luck with the new job!