1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Soooo, It's March 1, where's the 26" exmark?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnguyland, Mar 1, 2005.

1. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

Does anyone have any new info on the supposed exmark 26" mower? Do they exist? Did I put a deposit on a phantom machine? Any news is good gnus with gary gnu.
  2. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

The gnus is that the new eXmark is so amazing it'll gnock you to your gnees. If you're gnear a part of town with a lot of gnasties, you better have a gnife with you.

I have no idea. Not sure if the eXmark forum is back online yet. A dealer might be the one to ask.
  3. lawnguyland

Thanks for the funny response! The dealer had no idea it existed until I asked then he found it in sales book and ordered it, but haven't heard back from him yet. At the time he said sometimes mfgs 'test the waters' to see if there's demand and then build it or not. So, until I see it, I don't believe it. Why would it not be on the website if they were to introduce it this year? A little late in my opinion to market it for this year.
  4. Green Masters

Green Masters LawnSite Member

5. lawnguyland

Thanks, I must be blind :cool2: When I try out this mower I will post a review, as I'm sure others will.
  6. j fisher

j fisher LawnSite Senior Member

What's the price of that mower?
  7. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

right there it is. Thanks guys, you helped me on my decision. I didn't know they made one, but now I will be having one on the trailer come spring.
  8. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

I was at a Turf show today and talked with the Exmark reps (regional?). I asked about the 26" mower because no brochures were on the table, and obviously, no machine.

The two of them looked at each other, "... how did you know about it." My reply, "... heard about it on an Internet Forum." "... Lawnsite...?" "Yes ...."

The one man turn to the other and told him, "Word spreads like wildfire on that place!" He continue to tell the other man that somebody had seen one someplace, and then reported it, and it created much stir. I confirmed his observation.

Anyway, the machine is not scheduled to get to dealers until April, according to him. He would not give me a price.

Obviously, like any new machine, they were espousing the merits of the machine. They don't have concerns (as I shared many posts here about power of the 6hp Kaw) about power. Their "story" is that normally, the Kaw is governed down to 3300 on direct drive applications. In this case, with the belt drive, the engine can be used at design speed of 3600 rpm, and therefore will produce more power than present users are accustomed to seeing from the engine. He contends it was designed for 3600 from the beginning.

He had one marketing piece, which was upside down at the rear of his desk. He did not want people to see it, lest it be taken away. He showed it to me, but said he couldn't give it away, because it was the only one he had. The other man said he had some more in his truck, and asked if I could return at the end of the day to pick up the brochure. I did that, went by the booth at 10 minutes before show close and he gladly gave it to me.

They found themselves in a bind. They wanted to talk about it, but didn't want to put brochures out -- they don't have product to sell yet!

In a related item ... Since one man was familiar with Lawnsite, I asked about continued support of the manufacturers forum (i.e. a replacement for Terry). He was well aware of the missing support. He told the other man that Terry was spending a couple of hours per day supporting the site. I made a hand-wave across all the brochures laying there, and suggested that if they had money to print all this stuff, surely they had money to devote a couple of hours per day for somebody to support LawnSite. He agreed. He said he would take the issue to "..." (gave me a name) and tell him that it was important.
  9. lawnguyland

This is why I still say I'll believe it when I see it. It would be sweet if it exists and is well built.
  10. Legacy

Legacy LawnSite Member

The 26" Metro looks like a Toro on steroids!

Could be a great trimming machine??