SOOoooo...what kind of suction does your mower have?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by geogunn, Sep 29, 2004.

1. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

it seems mine has pretty good suction...... :dizzy:

I knew I was gonna touch the edge of this blue tarp that WAS covering this mulch pile but I didn't expect what happened ......to happen!

and it happened in a nano-second, too!

GEO :cry:

tarp640.jpg

mbricker likes this.
  2. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

and how did we undo this catastrophy? lots of cutting and pulling?

3. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Ouch that will really makeyou mad.

4. lqmustang

lqmustang LawnSite Senior Member

Well now, that would suck. :rolleyes:

5. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i did that once to a large net covering a bunch of blueberry bushes. took a lot of cutting to get it off. about a month ago i had a worker suck up a lacrosse net backdrop. just get the knife out and start hacking :D

6. Liberty Lawncare

Liberty Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

LMAO I did that 3 weeks ago. I was about 3 inches away from a black tarp and woosh chop chop fart chop blades off. :help: Thats anoying. :realmad:

7. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

well back in 2001, I was mowing at a Deere dealership (working for them) with a JD M655 mid deck zero turn, 54" 25hp. Went over the sidewalk and lifted the deck. It still sucked up the huge very thick and very heavy 3' x 5' (approximately) super thick rubber mat... I did have some time on the mower, having mowed with it for many weeks previous to that point so i did know the capabilities of the machine but i never guessed it would suck that mat up.... i knew none of the other mowers i have ever used would have.... i don't even think my Ferris would with 3" high lifts (but i could be wrong)... it sucked it right up and chunked and stalled the machine. Everyone came out to see what the noise was (it was right by the door) and i got embarrased.. i was afraid they would make me pay for the mat but they didn't. It just made a rip in it about 1' long or so.... no major damage to it or the mower. Still hate that mower, didn't cut worth a plug nickel.
    I've run over lots of stuff since i've been on mowers for 10 years now.... kids do stupid stuff and i was no exception i guess. most of it was purely accident but alot of it was stuff i hoped i would get away with going over it without getting it you know? LOL.... live and learn. I don't get near anything now.... i'm careful, usually lol.

Hey Geo, I thought you used Lesco? What gives? Well anyway thats a nice eXmark in the pic! looks like mine with the 52" deck except with ECS.

8. NelsonLandworks

NelsonLandworks LawnSite Member

i haven't sucked up anything too large yet-just water bottles, beer cans, frogs, snakes, gloves, tennis balls ect. *knock on wood*

9. chuckers

chuckers LawnSite Senior Member

golf balls suck the worst.... :blush:

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

As the picture was loading, I knew what I'd be looking at! Not good! lol
    This reminded of a post by another member, so I just had to dig it up from the archives. Just the way he wrote it, I got a good grin out of it.

#15 09-30-2003, 04:57 PM
    Black Water
    Senior Member Join Date: Aug 2003

I once snagged a twenty foot plastic streamer off the back of a kite laying under a jungle gym. It was like winding in a fishing pole, and when the kite went under the deck, it looked like Time Square right after New Years.

I would have shut the blades down, but it was like watching a train wreck. It was horrible,...........yet i could'nt turn away. :)