Sorry, but Kathy made me do it.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by turfmagazine, Mar 23, 2005.

1. turfmagazine

turfmagazine LawnSite Member
    from Vermont

Jim, publisher of TURF magazine here. If you have not signed up for a free subscription to my magazine, please do. Our annual subscription audit is next month and Kathy (who takes care of this stuff) asked me to (just one more time) remind you folks that it's easy to sign up. that lawnsite columns appear in the magazine every month. And that it is FREE. No strings.

And most folks in the business get a lot out of it. So, if you'd take just a moment and go to turfmagazine.com and click subscribe. Thanks. And thanks Sean for letting me put this one plug in for myself.

2. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

3. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Do we have to resign up to keep it going?

4. HayBay

HayBay LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Are you sure its free, Maybe you ment to Americans its free, I don't seem to be able to get it in Canada for free.

Please let me know.

5. turfmagazine

from Vermont

Hi ...

Answers: the free subscription lasts one year. Then, you should sign up again (still free) using the postcard in the magazine or at www.turfmagazine.com.

You'll be notified in one way or another that it's time to renew.

6. turfmagazine

from Vermont

Oppps forgot.

For Canadians: Because of heavy postage costs ... we charge Canadians for the magazine (to cover postage) EXCEPT LAWNSITE MEMBERS.

lawnsite.com members from Canada get it free. Just call Kathy at 800-422-7147 and tell her you're from lawnsite.

7. HayBay

HayBay LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Right on. Thanks Jim. I am sure the Canadian Guys here, including myself really appreciate that.

8. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

I think Jim really likes the means by which Kathy made him do it. Should we ask for details?

9. DFW Area Landscaper

DFW Area Landscaper LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I enjoyed your front cover last month: "What the &^%$ is up with H2B?". Very good article and very much needed. I think you guys should pound this issue over and over and over. It carries a lot more weight coming from a national publication. I promise you, there isn't a more important issue facing the green industry today.

Would also like to see more emphasis on Bush' plan to "match a willing worker with a willing employer". Paying an expert $4,000+ to negotiate the various government beaurocracies ins't what it sounded like during the debates when the topic was brought up.

Hiring foreign workers needs to be made easier, cheaper and faster. The Govy knows the guys at the car wash, fast food restaurants, dry cleaners etc. are already here illegally. The know the small business owners have to hire them to remain competitive and have good, reliable help at the wages they can pay and for the work they want done. The process needs to be completely over-hauled. The way it's set up now, the small business owner is being hung out to dry.

Anyway, enjoy your magazine.

Later,
    DFW Area Landscaper

10. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

Thank You ! for TURF magazine! I is a very fine, informative and helpful resource!

And it's FREE ! WOW !

Stephen