Sorry guys and gals

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by dharris, Jun 9, 2007.

1. dharris

dharris LawnSite Member

Sorry, i am not a professional landscaper, but i figured this was the place to get some answers.

Before I can really start to care for my lawn, would it be possible for someone here to identify my blend of grass?
    Here is a photo of the lawn. Also, if possible, can you identify the kind of weed is included in the photo?
    Thank you much,

Don
    [​IMG]

2. grassman2001

grassman2001 LawnSite Member

Looks like a fescue but I'm not sure what breed of fescue being I'm in Ohio and you're in Neveda, a little bit different climate

3. fool32696

fool32696 LawnSite Senior Member

That grass looks like st. augustine

4. grassman2001

St.Augustine is only found in the southeast porition of the country in the hot and humid areas. Nevada would be way too dry for St. Augustine

5. dharris

dharris LawnSite Member

Thanks guys, a local nursery told me it appears to be blue grass with some fescue mixed in. I wish I could grow St. Augustine, had a great SA lawn in California.

6. grassman2001

Surprised there's Blue Grass because that's a northern climate cool season grass

7. dharris

dharris LawnSite Member

Supposedly, Blue Grass blends do well hear in Reno. Is Reno not considered Northern? I believe I'm in zone 7.

Thanks,
    Don

8. NCLCRB #1370

NCLCRB #1370 LawnSite Member

9. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

looks like you need to sharpen your mower blades.

10. dharris

dharris LawnSite Member

I was thinking the same thing. My mower is kind of new and has cut the lawn maybe 15 times. Is it normal for the blade to go dull this soon? Do you have a good source on a how to?

Thanks man!

Don