Sorry guys, another trimmer question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by baddarryl, Jun 28, 2007.

1. baddarryl

baddarryl LawnSite Member

I have been using an Echo srm210 for about 2 years semi commercially. Great trimmer for the money, hate the line feed system though. Anyway, I just picked up an account that is 4 acres completely fenced. Took my son 3 hours to trim it out with the Echo. I have always felt the power was a little weak on it. What I am looking for is a trimmer with fair amount more power without getting a monster and spending $500 that will increase efficiency. It will become my main trimmer. I see a lot of Shindaiwa's around and am thinking that way especially with the new line feed head. Recommendations? Oh yeah, no longer partially commercial. Thank you.

2. The Captain

The Captain LawnSite Senior Member

Consider changing out the head to a bump head. I use two in cemetery trimming every week. Fast and no problems. That being said, I'm using the Echo PAS-260 power heads. More power than yours. Check the other thread on the PAS units or talk with your dealer. Costs should be around $350-400.

3. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Echo 261 T......tons of power and torque. Around $350.

4. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes, upgrade to an Echo 261T or the 260s. It will be LIGHTER than what you have now, with way more power!

5. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

I like the Toros I use. They are lightweight and hold up great against wear and tear. Id get you a model number but its raining and I dont feel like walking to my garage ;)

6. baddarryl

baddarryl LawnSite Member

Thanks guys.

7. mdlwn1

mdlwn1 LawnSite Silver Member

You can also try the bump head with a single string.....65 string if you can find it. If your cutting grass only, its a razor blade. If you have a lot of stone and wood to trim around....obviously it wont work.

8. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

I prefer my Echo 251. Plenty of power, comfortable, and lite weight. And it only lists for $220 but if you are in good with the dealer you can get it for $180 (at least I did). Whatever you buy make sure it has an adjustable carb on it. This is the only downfall to the newer 210's.

9. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Isn't that their new one ring engine........might want to wait a year or so to see how that works but the price sure is good. And doesn't it have that handicap starter thing...never seen a Echo that you didn't need to pull the cord multiple times...will that new device do that?

10. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought it last year and it is the best investment I made. Starts on 3-4 pulls.