Sorry to bring this here, but I need your help!

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by PrimeGreen Lawn, Oct 22, 2001.

1. PrimeGreen Lawn

PrimeGreen Lawn LawnSite Member

This isn't about lawn care per say, but I have a deadline of tomorrow A.M. to submit a bid for a retaining wall, and I need your opinions! My cost for this project is around a grand. 35 feet long and about 4 feet high. Has to be made of 6*6 treated lumber to match the other walls there. How do I price a wooded wall?

Please help!

Scott

2. KDJ

KDJ LawnSite Senior Member

If you have to submit it in the AM you are talking in about 8hr's
    you will not sleep to good tonight.

Why did you wait till the last min?

3. PrimeGreen Lawn

PrimeGreen Lawn LawnSite Member

Was gonna do it last weekend, but too many things came up, coulden't get to it! I already have the job, just want to know how much to charge per square face foot

4. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

Charge whatever you will feel good making unless you need money. IOW charge alot!

Rick

5. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Dont forget to allow enough timber in your bid for dead-men.

Kris

6. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member

Also remember to figure in gravel and fabric for drainage behind the wall. The 10" spikes aren't free either. To get an idea of how much time it will take, therefore the amount of labor to charge for, I figure for a residential project, one hour per 6 x 6 x 8 timber. That covers the unloading/moving time, a small amount of excavation, the time to rebar or spike and the layout time needed. Other materials,such as gravel, get a separate handling time. The actual amount you can charge will depend on your local market conditions and lumber prices which can flucuate from week to week. Good Luck.