Sound Effect's

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by agrostis, Oct 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agrostis

agrostis LawnSite Silver Member

Do the sound effect's for ad's in the pesticide forum have to be so loud? I understand you want to grab attention, but that level of volume is rude.

2. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

we are looking into the sound effects on that ad

3. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

I agree, the good news for that ad's owner is it has everyone's attention I am just not sure it is a positive thing at this point. Gets a little old and alarming at times.

4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I do not understand why that one section has that sound effect:dizzy::dizzy:
    I go there occasionally but that is so annoying that I leave it. Please provide a button in that section to mute that noise. I will gladly look at their ad if they turn off the sound for me from that point on.

5. DiscoDave

DiscoDave LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

Absolutely agree

6. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

One Sponsor killed their Bell ( Boxing Match) after complaints... I just keep my sound down / muted when I surf this site.

7. Michael J. Donovan

I have checked with the sponsor again and we have asked that they send us a new ad...will let you know once that is done

8. jbturf

jbturf LawnSite Bronze Member

haha ya im pretty sure the spkrs on my computer are blown from this, i forget about it every time i log on , now i just get a static hiss when it plays- thanks,
    not to mention half the time the page doesnt load past the stupid ad- must be refreshed

9. agrostis

agrostis LawnSite Silver Member

I didn't even consider the effect these sound's would have on little laptop speaker's. I can see this noise blowing those speaker's easily.

10. Michael J. Donovan

ok guys, I mentioned it in the other thread...we are looking into it and once the client lets us know or sends us a new ad we will let you know

thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.