Sound Reasonable?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by WenzelOSLLC, Mar 25, 2012.

1. WenzelOSLLC

WenzelOSLLC LawnSite Senior Member

I've been asked to give an estimate on a commercial property owned by one of my client's siblings. The property is a little of my normal service area so my normal pricing would put me at a loss. Just wanted to see if it sounds reasonable to you guys.

Property is 16k. Going with a 5 app program with granular fertilizer/PreM and liquid broadleaf. Right now I'm going solo but I've included the cost of an employee because I plan on hiring this summer.
    My math puts me at about $550.00 for the season. Would you as a client find this reasonable?

2. Raymond S.

Raymond S. LawnSite Senior Member

Around here...No. Too high.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. WenzelOSLLC

So I was looking over the spreadsheet I whipped up this afternoon to make calculations easier and detailed; turns out I made a mistake when writing the equation for my time on site (80 Minutes seems a little long). Brought my estimate down to about $300. MUCH closer to what some of my other estimates were when done by hand. :rolleyes:

4. WildLake

WildLake LawnSite Senior Member

My price would be very close to your first price. Thats without adding for the extra drive time.

5. Raymond S.

Raymond S. LawnSite Senior Member

I believe your new price of $300 is right on target. No way will you get $6.87/k around here.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. WenzelOSLLC

Thanks for the input. I got the property and they asked me to look at their house as well. Gave them a bid of $280 which they accepted and even said was $50 dollars less than TGCL. Would have been nice to know that before. :rolleyes:

It is a little bit nicer part of town but another client closer to my main area with a similar property got quoted the same price be TGCL as I gave them. Good to know that they're willing to spend a little more across town.

7. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

omg less then cl should have went with the first bid

8. McFarland_Lawn_Care

McFarland_Lawn_Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Ya, I'd be closer to $650 for around here...congrats on the job!!! Great sized lawn too.

9. WenzelOSLLC

I was shocked. Either way I'll be making a profit, just good to know I could put an extra couple dollars in my pocket.

10. kbrashears

kbrashears LawnSite Senior Member

280? For 1/4 acre 5 apps? Have fun going broke.
    Posted via Mobile Device