Sound Reasonable?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by WenzelOSLLC, Mar 25, 2012.

1. McFarland_Lawn_Care

McFarland_Lawn_Care LawnSite Bronze Member

It's really none of my business but what will you make for labor after you take out materials etc. Like $30 per app? Not worth the paperwork IMHO.

2. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

I guess I am on the high side because I would have been above 500 without extra drive time.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

16 K. So...what do you figure is the labor in minutes?

4. garydale

garydale LawnSite Senior Member

We would be at $704.00, then offer prepay discount, senior discount etc.

5. McFarland_Lawn_Care

No, I think most of us are up there with you, Turf Dawg. Like I said $650ish.

6. Raymond S.

Raymond S. LawnSite Senior Member

What part of the country are you guys in? 16k sq ft is a $60 yard all day long around here. Sometimes $68 if you're lucky. You guys are talking $6.50/k sq ft and then some. More power to you but I'd really like to know your locations. Let's not get this into a "you're an illiterate arse, you'll go broke!" thread. Keep it civil.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. WenzelOSLLC

WenzelOSLLC LawnSite Senior Member

For labor I'd be getting about $30 app yes. Labor money goes right into my pocket. The price also includes enough to cover fixed costs(which as I get more accounts means I make more per account), a small markup, and I also make money off the price difference between gas now and what I factored in to cover my butt. Not to mention contracts for 2 other properties and since I do more than just weed and feed I also have the possibility of mowing contracts, etc.

I also didn't spend any money on advertising because the original lead was from a Google Adwords credit I had.

8. WenzelOSLLC

WenzelOSLLC LawnSite Senior Member

That and in my normal service area the price would be about average or slightly high. Higher property values in the area also weren't factored in.

All of that and it's 5 mins from the 8 Acre stadium site I maintain 25 hrs a week.

9. McFarland_Lawn_Care

Ok, sorry, I tend to forget how different areas of the country vary so much in prices. You can only charge what the market will bear. Good luck again!