Source for Mini LED's?

Discussion in 'Christmas Trees & Seasonal' started by flamed69, Jan 8, 2010.

1. flamed69

flamed69 LawnSite Member

I need to find a source for some reasonably priced LED's to go in the trees at a new bank in town.

I had transformers installed on the light poles, but they couldn't handle the load with the incandescent mini's. I got a quote for the bigger transformers I would need and the bid was $2500, or they could pull the wire for $1500 but the bank was not interested in permanent outlets. By this time it was too late for this year and I knocked some off of the total bill and made the promise for next year.

Does anyone have a good source for LED's? I will probably need between 75 and 100 strands. I would like to go ahead and get them for next year, hopefully on sale.

2. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

I would check with Mike Marlow over at Holiday Bright Lights. none on sale, he is out, but he can sell you a few cases of warm white convex lens strands w/ rectifier when they come in in the fall. The color is as close to incan. minis as I have seen.

You could also give litesource a call in texas, they usually have good stuff, but I have not actually seen thier LED mini's.

3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I don't know but right now is a good time to go looking for Christmas decorations
    as more than a few bargain outlets have them on sale.

Have you tried K-mart, Big Lots, Wal-mart, Dollar General, Family Dollar?

4. hotrod1965

hotrod1965 LawnSite Senior Member

5. HBL Sales Manager

HBL Sales Manager LawnSite Member

Give me a call and I will shoot you a price on our LED 5MM classic light set, 50 count, 26' coverage. Has the AC chip in each bulb (no half-on, half-off), the chip is the same technology we use in our Always lite light sets. Any problem with one bulb, that bulb will go out and the rest will work.

I have them in stock ready for shipment. Call me (866) 932-9363

Thanks Dave for the help, nice pic on your bldg.