Sources of Wholesale Landscaping plants?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by warriorwon, Jul 14, 2003.

1. warriorwon

warriorwon LawnSite Member

Hey guys!
    We have clients .
    We have ideas.
    They like our ideas.
    Now where do we find a source of reasonably priced plants so we can keep the costs down for our clients. We don't want just the typical "cookie cutter" designed landscape, so some of the plants we and the clients want are not at our local nurseries. Any suggestions? We already get the big name catalogs. Do you reccomend any online wholesalers?

2. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

Dont you have local nurseries and tree farms?

I get plants all over the East coast but mainly through the nurseries in the area.

3. Brian's Lawn Care

Brian's Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I don't know how far you would like to drive but there is a place in Winchester Ky that is a great place to buy your plants. There prices are great to the public, and if you are a business they will give you 35% off all plants. Its easy to make some good money buying from them. The company is Hattons Nursery. Phone number 859-744-1415

4. warriorwon

warriorwon LawnSite Member

Thanks Brian

For the volume that we are going to need for our next couple of jobs, it might be worth the four hr round trip.

5. Brian's Lawn Care

Brian's Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Warriorone,
    I have about the same distance and will use them for almost all of my jobs. The Hattons a really great people, with really great prices. I really glad I meet them.