1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

South Carolina?

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by Junior M, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

To many lcos! And nice! Done quite a bit of work in Forest Acres.. Last one was on Rockbridge road off trenholm extension..

Not to far from me, I am 4miles outside of Pontiac, like 6 miles from blythewood and 3 from Elgin. I am trying to get some large property maintenance accounts out in Camden where all the rich folks with horses live..
  2. landscapesc

landscapesc LawnSite Member

Hey all i am in Charleston, SC and i am the div manager for a large southeast regional landscape contractor....good to see a lot of SC folks on here....we are lucky right now with business, we currently have about 1.3million in new construction and 400,000k in anual maint...but there is not much on the books right now, kind of scary! JR- what is the name of the environmental contractor you work for?
  3. backtobasicslawncare

backtobasicslawncare LawnSite Member
    from TN

hows everyone doing here in south carolina? im looking to get my business start back here at home. im located in columbia. anyone have any extra help or need employee. i have been in the lawn care business for 6 years.
  4. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Doing good here! Excavation and clearing is slow though. Lawn care isnt bad, same ol crap.

Was going to do final clean up of the year last saturday but it was way to wet.
  5. Kevin M.

Kevin M. LawnSite Member

Hilton Head Island here
  6. Turf Logic

Turf Logic LawnSite Member

landscapesc whats the name of thecompany you work for? We do alot of work in myrtle beach we do about 400k a year in maintenance and 800k a year in install.
  7. M and S Lawn Care

M and S Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Hey all!

I'm from Michigan. South Carolina might be in my future in a couple of years depending on how a few things pan out. I'm a full time lawn and landscape company owner right now and plan on continuing what I do until I'm too frail to do so.. or until I strike oil.

Though it's a ways away, I'm starting to think about business down there. Here we mow from the end of April to the end of October, and plow snow from Dec to March. (Well... kind of. Michigan weather keeps you on your toes.. last year I was doing clean-ups in 60 degree weather in mid-April one day, and three days later plowing three inches of snow..) Mind if I ask what your seasons are like down there? When do you start and stop mowing? Can you landscape and spread mulch/pine straw all year? How about spring/fall clean-ups?

General area we're looking at is Summerville, or thereabouts.

I sincerely don't want ya'll to feel like I'm invading or going to be stepping on your toes, but, you know how business goes. We're all in this together. Up here there's 100's or 1000's of LCO's everywhere, but we all get along well and help each other out more than anything, which is nice. Hopefully I'll be able to do the same with some of you eventually. Like I said, this is a few years away, but I'm just trying to get a feel for the trade down there, as I'm sure it's a bit different.

Thanks in advance for the help! I look forward to hearing what you have to share.

8. JandJLawncare

JandJLawncare LawnSite Member

Aiken area . Hello everyone !
  9. skennedy

skennedy LawnSite Member

Welcome J and J. Aiken is nice. Love Palmetto Golf Club.
  10. slimart01

slimart01 LawnSite Member

Summerville, just outside of Charleston, SC here.