1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

South Carolina?

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by Junior M, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Very nice. I'll be down your way come Friday morning.. My brother is graduating some part of the Nuclear program on the naval base..

2. skennedy

skennedy LawnSite Member

Slimart-

Go Green Wave!

3. JandJLawncare

JandJLawncare LawnSite Member

Thank you for the welcome !:usflag:

4. landscapesc

landscapesc LawnSite Member

Superscapes- sorry for the slow response i just saw your post. I work for Piedmont Landscape Contractors. Our work has picked up here recently...i notice the company name from some bids we have sent. We have done a few projects in Myrtle but i really don't like working up there. The last job we did was last summer, it was a streetscape for the city but i can't remember the job. We bid that big boardwalk job but didn't get it. We have been working from Savannah to Charlotte lately...i guess that is what the market requires!

5. skennedy

skennedy LawnSite Member

JandJ-

So you guys do a lot of residential or commercial?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2010
  6. backtobasicslawncare

backtobasicslawncare LawnSite Member
    from TN

im looking to start advertising here. when a good time to start advertising?

7. JandJLawncare

JandJLawncare LawnSite Member

We have just moved to this area and have no accounts as of this posting .

8. Turf Logic

Turf Logic LawnSite Member

I didnt bid the boardwalk job but I heard it was won by over 120k.

9. landscapesc

landscapesc LawnSite Member

It was pretty crazy...I think that Merrit Brothers from Greenville, SC won the job. MB Kahn was the GC. It ended up not being that big of a job it was around ($200K for the landscape) and it would have been a huge headache. Myrtle seems to be a hard place to work.

10. Turf Logic

Turf Logic LawnSite Member

Myrtle beach seems to be one of the most cut throat markets I have ever seen. There is allot of other great markets in driving distance but the market we are after is in myrtle beach unfortunately.